Sign in to follow this  
jclarke88

MH721 Refine not cutting properly

Hi, I've recently been experiencing issues with my US Cutter MH721 which involve it not completing each job. I have a MacBook Pro and I use a SignCut Pro software plug in for Adobe Illustrator. I use a USB connector to my MacBook to cut. The cutter can sometimes complete one decal in the job but when it goes to the next one it will get at least halfway through and stop. Sometimes it will just completely stop and lay the blade down in the coordinates where it stops, and sometimes it will take the blade and go the width of the cutter and create this random diagonal line. Anyone experience anything like this? I was reading in another topic on here and came to the idea that it might be a memory issue or something like that but I'm not sure. It's done this before on some relatively simple jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

the random line is usually a static problem - many people have cured by running a ground wire from the stand to the bottom of the cutter as the stand is insulated by the rubber feet on the bottom of the cutter, allowing static to build up in the roll until it discharges thru the head causing intermittent problems until it fries the mainboard.  glad to hear you have the mh running on the apple product = I didn't thing that model was supported

Very sorry to bump up an old post but was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue but only from my Windows 10 system (run win7 aswell) I thought it was static so i introduced a rope line to lay across the vinyl as it is fed into the machine.

The problem seems to only occur using the windows 10 with flexi 10.5 and it cannot complete a job i know it has completed on the win7 system running flexi 10.0

Any advice given would be appreciated, the only reason i bumped the thread is i have been looking for days to resolve the issue and my brain shall soon explode if i don't find the answer!

Thanks in advance!

If it is running well with Windows 7,  why bother with Windows 10?    A lot of us stay back on good ol' Windows XP, as it it very stable. 

No mention of which Flexi 10?  There are several different versions.  Also does it have a USB dongle?  Like a flash drive that goes into the USB port.