I am new and been playing my Titan 2 but I can not get it to do anything other than words.  I have bought things on etsy and can not get it to do anything.  It will go on page like its goin to but when u select cut it says nothing to cut I want to throw this machine in the lake please help.  Anyone lol 

6 minutes ago, Lisa brown said:

I am new and been playing my Titan 2 but I can not get it to do anything other than words.  I have bought things on etsy and can not get it to do anything.  It will go on page like its goin to but when u select cut it says nothing to cut I want to throw this machine in the lake please help.  Anyone lol 

Are you purchasing vector images and then importing them into your cutting software?

The message of nothing to cut usually indicates a raster image that cannot be cut, the message of throwing the cutter in a lake is more closely related to users that don't take the time to learn vector graphics, going on past experiences, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

If you get an error stating "Nothing to Cut" after importing an image, you would want to follow the steps provided.

1. 1. Ensure the file being imported is a supported file type.

1. 2. After importing attempt to vectorize the image using the Vectorize tool in VinylMaster

1. 3. If the file will not cut, and will not vectorize then export the image as a new file type like a JPEG or SVG. Then attempt to import the file again.

11 hours ago, Lisa brown said:

Agree with previous posts. If you can cut words then your software is capable of converting them to a vector format (often called curves).  Images you want to cut either need to be drawn by you in vector (which should be happening if you are designing within your cutting software) or purchased in vector format. A word of caution about purchasing vectors: Not all vectors are "Cut Ready" even the stuff labeled Cut Ready is often messy or has overlapped objects so you will have to learn to negotiate this part of owning a cutter. It's not like a printer where you just click send and it takes care of everything.  Not sure what software you have with your Titan, they generally came with Sure Cuts a Lot or Vinyl Master (better IMO) VM comes is varying versions with the upper levels having a lot more design capability and the lower levels primarily for cutting things you have bought or designed elsewhere like in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape or Corel Draw.