andygeekboy

Decal - Vinyl Cutting Advice

In the below example would I be better layering the white on top of the red or the red on top of the white?

Sorry if this is a rudimentary question but I'm struggling coming up with pro's/cons of either.

Thanks

MPT-Circle-Decal-w-Puppy-Red.png

What color is the surface or substrate it is going to applied?  If it is a white surface, or perhaps many colored surfaces you could just do red.  If you have to do two colors, then in my minds eye it would be easier to just but a white circle on the bottom layer, and punch out all the white areas on the red.

• Like 2

What I would do is look to see which color has the smallest parts that might not adhere well.  Like the dots over the "i'", centers of other letters.   However in this case that skinny tail of the dog isn't going to adhere very well at the tip.  I'd go white over red.

Then again you might get some bleed through of the red behind the white , which would darken the white a little.

• Like 3

Where is it going? Store-front Window? Vehicle door? HTV on fabric?

Also, at what size?

• Like 1

Thanks guys, 

I was kicking around the idea of giving them out to my clients, not sure it's worth the time, effort or expense :)

Thanks again for the responses, I would never have thought about 'small parts' sticking!

1 hour ago, andygeekboy said:

I was kicking around the idea of giving them out to my clients, not sure it's worth the time, effort or expense :)

Well if you were just going to give them out, I would just do them in a single color, much, much easier to make of course...

21 minutes ago, andygeekboy said:

awesome, thanks!

dumb question, is my crappy MH plotter able to cut fridge magnet material?

we have heard of several people doing that - score it and break em - the plotter is cheap enough that if it burns something up doing it that its not a huge loss

• Like 1