edemunsta

SCALP4 Text Type On Arch Problem

So here it is.  I am using Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 4 on a Windows 10 PC paired with a Titan 3.  When I create a design with Text Type On Arch initially it is fine.  Select Type Tool > Type On Arch, Set Arch Radius, Set Arch Start Angle, Select Text Outside or Inside.  Then I start Typing.  After, Select all and change font, then add Shadow.  Here is the weird part.  As soon as I try to Undo or when I try to copy and paste to another page, the letters do this? It also does this when I save the design and open it back up again to do another cut. What is this craziness!  What am I doing wrong.

tow.png

tow2.png

You're going to want to contact Craft Edge for some technical assistance on the weirdness after the undo. 

As far as the shadow problem, that comes from the way the program is creating the black. Some fonts are trickier than others. If the program has the ability, try using a rounded rather than mitered corner. 

• Like 1

This is the only flaw i have came across with scalps4pro that i use and that is Text on an arch,It is very crappy actually in scalps..Craftedge knows of this problem with text an arch,and they are in the works of taking care of it either in an update or the next gen software,Thats why i use Illustrator for doing arched lettering etc,I do 98% of everything in illustrator and then 2% of tweaking etc in scalps then cut it out...Its your best bet to avoid small issues like this..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

You're going to want to contact Craft Edge for some technical assistance on the weirdness after the undo. 

As far as the shadow problem, that comes from the way the program is creating the black. Some fonts are trickier than others. If the program has the ability, try using a rounded rather than mitered corner. 

Yes it does have the rounded feature ,the shadow feature is amazing actually with inside and outside shadow etc..The program is really good just the arch flaw is the the only downfall of the whole program...

• Like 1

Might try converting text to curves after you have it the way you want.  

Then it won't rely on the curve to hold it's shape.  

• Like 1

I gave up on using SCAL4 on arched lettering.. I use inkscape to design arched lettering and then use the SCAL inkscape add on to send it to SCAL4...

• Like 3

Thats the only downfall in scalps4pro is the arched lettering . so i just use ai to do my designing and then cut in scalps.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the responses!  I really appreciate all of your input.  I just recently purchased Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 since it was on sale at BestBuy for $99 free ship as a combo pack and I used my Samsung Rewards to get an additional $45 off the price.  So I only spent $54 for both.  Not bad right!?  I think this is the best way to go for my decal designs.

2 hours ago, edemunsta said:

Thank you all for the responses!  I really appreciate all of your input.  I just recently purchased Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 since it was on sale at BestBuy for $99 free ship as a combo pack and I used my Samsung Rewards to get an additional $45 off the price.  So I only spent $54 for both.  Not bad right!?  I think this is the best way to go for my decal designs.

ya not bad at all lol.. if you need help with Ai let me know and ill do my best

1 minute ago, Primal Decals said:

ya not bad at all lol.. if you need help with Ai let me know and ill do my best

Thank so much Primal!!!

4 hours ago, edemunsta said:

Does that come with Illustrator as part of the suite too or just photoshop? You need a vector based program at the end of the workflow. 

• Like 1

I don't think so.  Seems to be just photoshop.  I was told that you can create vectors in photoshop via pen tool or exporting?  Is that right?  I have not dived in yet so I am not too sure.

32 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Thats a cool tutorial Primal. I'm an AI guy but lack the PS side. 

Thanks same here lol. but not as good as you in Ai tho.

What versions do you guys have for Ai?  What is the latest version?  I need to invest in this as well.  Sounds like that is the tool of choice.

2 hours ago, edemunsta said:

What versions do you guys have for Ai?  What is the latest version?  I need to invest in this as well.  Sounds like that is the tool of choice.

I have ai cs6 and just got ai cc.

• Like 1

I'm still running CS5 but have been watching for a good deal on CS6. I have refrained from the CC because I don't want a monthly payment. 

• Like 1