Primal Decals

Copy Cat software i found

I wasnt sure about this but i thought it was very interesting ,,Here you go, here is the 

******(link removed by moderator)*******

I say it looks dam the same as SCALPS lol. but i havent downloaded the trial ,but i will to see and its 150.00 cheaper than from cratedges SCALPS

The person that had that has been banned - -- it is an illegal copy of scalp out of china that was being pursued a few months back too - 
I removed the link from your message to stop the suspected illegal activity

some of the images were right from the scalp page

back a couple of months back we had that same one and usc staff in redmond confirmed it was hacked copy and turned it over to craft edge to handle - problem the person is based in china. . . . hard to pursue there

just an update,,,Craftedge sent me a email regarding this and they said " It is ok to sell on the web. That is a private labeled version of our software. They pay us to re-brand our software under their name " This is per Craftedge email support...

is it licensed to resell in the US ?  next question is it ethical to try to resell it on a forum hosted by a licensed company that sells it?

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

is it licensed to resell in the US ?  next question is it ethical to try to resell it on a forum hosted by a licensed company that sells it?

Thats what they told me... Ill post the email screen shot.

I've referred it to the marketing director at USC that pays the bills for the forum - - - 
We have never had an authorized vendor list but then again this would be like fellers, signwarehouse or another competitor posting on the usc paid forum.
We have also never had vendors from other countries post on here  - - - this is new territory 

6 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Thats what they told me... Ill post the email screen shot.

so they told you it is ethical?

legal and ethical are two different categories - it would be like me advertising my photography business on your personal web site

• Like 1

uscutter is an authorized vendor for scalp in the US - someone else selling the software on their site doesn't feel right to me.

thats what i thought and thats why i contacted craftedge about it ,but according to them they say its ok to call it something else and sell it ? they sold that to Easycutstudio name..It is weird tho they would allow it ,but they did ..

I now get that it is legally rebranded - now will wait to hear about it being allowed on here.
Signwarehouse sells private brands graphtec product but there are differences in them (most do not have optical registration and have propietary chipsets that make them incompatible with regular graphtec drivers)  and restrictions on how they are originally sold and where . . .

waiting on word from Redmond on this one.   They just put thousands of dollars into the forum upgrades and hundreds of man hours -  I figure it is up to them to decide

word back from Redmond is it will not be allowed to be posted on their forum.    nuff said

Not that I am aware of, as an old captain said at the prison and a motto I try to follow, "don't ask the question you don't want the answer to".      I think this one was a problem because a week ago the vendor made the post on here trying to sell a rebranded product usc  sells.   Hoping this was an unusual case and I am not going to ask them your question . . . 

The he issue was quietly handled until this thread made asking necessary . , . Kind of like old threads with cr material sit quiet and untouched until they are burst into the spotlight

Chinese vendor that as primal or pippin showed evidently has permission to sell the rebranded - not sure of any constraints on location as usually such agreements are for selling in a region or country  in this case we don't know but the issue continued to be pushed until it was necessary to go to the big bosses and ask what is appropriate -and we got the answer.  We have been fortunate to run pretty much free on here with little restrictions since an issue years ago that had a major disruption on the forum with ALL moderators leaving the forum and a big number of the old members leaving too, so we dance slowly and try not to ask the questions that could clamp us down a lot.  some times in an effort to prove they are right things get pushed too far and things like this happen.  when legal or ethical questions are asked of the bosses I can guarantee things will be much tighter rules than currently on here.  like 8 years ago you could never mention religion or politics - period.

please let this die now so we don't end up asking more questions!

• Like 3