Guest crome

VinylMaster Letter help

Guest crome

Quick qestion, on VM when I design out a name to put on a rod build, the name is right side up on my work mat, but when I go to cut the name out it's upside down coming out of the cutter and makes it a pain to weed. I have done got used to just weeding the names straight off the cutter with SCALP, slap a piece of app tape over it and pull the name off without having to cut anything off the roll. The only way I can figure out to get it to cut right is to flip the name upside down on my work mat before I cut it. Is there a way to change this?

It really depends on which level you have.

If Cut or Ltr you can use the layout in the design area along with the rotate check box, and the settings tab in the send to be cut window to position the cutfile... you can also use speed-weed to reduce weeding times.

If you have Pro or Xpt then you can use Cut Documents to position the cut file any way you wish and save this off for later cutting.

That is the problem I have with VM - It really needs a "simple wysiwyg" cut button -. It's a power packed program but but it is very difficult to just make a simple cuts. For that reason I still use SCALP for everyday use.

14 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

It really depends on which level you have.

If Cut or Ltr you can use the layout in the design area along with the rotate check box, and the settings tab in the send to be cut window to position the cutfile... you can also use speed-weed to reduce weeding times.

If you have Pro or Xpt then you can use Cut Documents to position the cut file any way you wish and save this off for later cutting.

Thanks for the reply!! I just upgraded from letter to pro, and man what a big difference!! where do I find the cut documents to position the cut file and save for later cutting?

On 9/1/2016 at 6:45 PM, VinylMaster said:

If you have an object selected, press Alt+P, click Cut now and then Yes the selected object will cut as it is. 

OK the Alt+P was a big help now I have one question -

Vinyl Master turns the document on the cutter. I want it to cut as I see it, what do I need to do ?

This is how I am used to cutting with my current program, what I see on the screen is what I get.

See the attached graphic - 

Untitled-1.jpg

On 9/4/2016 at 8:10 AM, busterbay said:

OK the Alt+P was a big help now I have one question -

Vinyl Master turns the document on the cutter. I want it to cut as I see it, what do I need to do ?

This is how I am used to cutting with my current program, what I see on the screen is what I get.

See the attached graphic - 

Untitled-1.jpg

That's what I was asking on my original post, I just started clicking the rotate 90 degrees button twice to turn my graphic upside down on my work mat to get it to cut the way I need it coming out of my cutter. It's a pain in the butt, because I forget to rotate my work before cutting most of the time. But the program is so much better than SCALP4 to me, and the SCALP is the only cutting program I've ever worked with, then VM cut and then letter. I just got the pro version and man it's a great platform. I'm still learning it and have spent at least one hour a night getting familiar with it, and I'm loving it more each night! I'm still hunting a way to change the shapes of the registration marks.

I design in CorelDraw I only use SCALP to cut with. I would like to use VM but I need to get past this first.

45 minutes ago, busterbay said:

I design in CorelDraw I only use SCALP to cut with. I would like to use VM but I need to get past this first.

I use scalps4pro with Ai and what a perfect combo to have...I have zero complaints and sooooo easy to learn both. I tried vm,signblazer etc and no thank you , scalps rocks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

Lodge a ticket at http://future.support with your PSN and there should be an update as auto-rotate was replaced some time ago. The current version doesn't do this.

THANK YOU!! Lodged a ticket,got the update, and I'm good to go now!

2 hours ago, crome said:

THANK YOU!! Lodged a ticket,got the update, and I'm good to go now!

8 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

Lodge a ticket at http://future.support with your PSN and there should be an update as auto-rotate was replaced some time ago. The current version doesn't do this.

I downloaded the file again from the support link USCutter gave me and it's still says updated: 6/14/15 5:53:20 PM

Shouldn't the OEM version have the same options for rotate ?

I'm not sure, I just lodged a ticket at http://future.support/ , told them what I was trying to do and they email me back with a different download to try. I downloaded it and now when I have my design on my work mat, and hit cut, It cuts it just as it is on my mat. I don't have to rotate anything now.

4 minutes ago, crome said:

I'm not sure, I just lodged a ticket at http://future.support/ , told them what I was trying to do and they email me back with a different download to try. I downloaded it and now when I have my design on my work mat, and hit cut, It cuts it just as it is on my mat. I don't have to rotate anything now.

I just put in a support ticket hopefully they give me the same thing. I'm not sure why the current OEM download wouldn't have this already, it doesn't make sense to have an old version for download with no way to update it unless you learn about it on the forum. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.