I have a feeling I undercharged a lot for the recent storefront I did.

Curious what some of you would have charged for this job installed. I offered them 2 prices, just cut for $190 and installed for $290 as I was hoping they would take the just cut as I was intimidated by the size at first. But wasnt AS bad as I thought lol.  Windows are 66" x 82" and door is 30" wide to give scale.

Pick%20of%20the%20litter%201_zpssqcxdeut

I triple vinyl cost to calculate clean install, more if I have to remove old lettering. If you did it in under an hour then it was good money.

was probably about 1 1/2 to 2 hours since I did each line individually. Plus being my first store front and many eyes on me, I took my time.

So if you have say $100 in vinyl cost (your cost not your price) you would charge $300 just for the install?

4 hours ago, Monkey said:

was probably about 1 1/2 to 2 hours since I did each line individually. Plus being my first store front and many eyes on me, I took my time.

So if you have say $100 in vinyl cost (your cost not your price) you would charge $300 just for the install?

Actually if I made a decal with $15 worth of vinyl depending upon length and ease of prep I may charge $100 for the decal then 2 - 3x's that to install. Your mileage may vary depending upon location, sometimes you can charge more depending the area. 

• Like 1

This one i did was roughly 8feet x 9 feet .And it is layered ,Took me about an hour and i charged 350 and thats because they ended up buying a design for their vehicle with a name and paw prints in a different design.. 

So probly would have been about 325 minimum if it were me on your design installed. Thats a quick simple one to me.

2015-07-01 12.39.26.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

This one i did was roughly 8feet x 9 feet .And it is layered ,Took me about an hour and i charged 350 and thats because they ended up buying a design for their vehicle with a name and paw prints in a different design.. 

So probly would have been about 325 minimum if it were me on your design installed. Thats a quick simple one to me.

2015-07-01 12.39.26.jpg

And I bet you cut it with Sure Cuts A Lot

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 4:50 PM, busterbay said:

Actually if I made a decal with $15 worth of vinyl depending upon length and ease of prep I may charge $100 for the decal then 2 - 3x's that to install. Your mileage may vary depending upon location, sometimes you can charge more depending the area. 

Man maybe I did way under charge. I usually add 50% of what I charge for the material for install. Like here $200 for what I made, then added $100 for install. Just dont see being able to charge 2-3 times just for the install, even in my busy area.

On 9/12/2016 at 4:51 PM, Primal Decals said:

2015-07-01 12.39.26.jpg

So I wasnt too far off what you charge

On 9/12/2016 at 7:37 PM, busterbay said:

And I bet you cut it with Sure Cuts A Lot

Just curious why you asked him that. Am I missing something in his picture?

@Monkey He is a Sure Cuts A Lot user as am I, so many people knock the program but it does what is supposed to do, cut. And this is a good example of it doing a good job at cutting. 

• Like 3

oh yeah. I use it also. Ive tried Flexi, signblazer and cut master 3 and Im back in SCALP. None work as smoothly as SCALP has for me. Its more user friendly IMO.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Monkey said:

oh yeah. I use it also. Ive tried Flexi, signblazer and cut master 3 and Im back in SCALP. None work as smoothly as SCALP has for me. Its more user friendly IMO.

I agree SCALP is very easy to use, draw / import and cut from. Easy Peasy

Vinylmaster needs a "Cut Button" that just cuts what is one your screen.  I put a ticket in for this and still has not been addressed. 

I design in Coreldraw X7 and use the add on to send straight to SCALP. I didnt like the pausing in Cutmaster and flexi just felt clunky. I do alot of multiple decal orders so the pausing in between rows in cutmaster was annoying to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

I design in Coreldraw X7 and use the add on to send straight to SCALP. I didnt like the pausing in Cutmaster and flexi just felt clunky. I do alot of multiple decal orders so the pausing in between rows in cutmaster was annoying to say the least.

I agree, Coreldraw x7 & SCALP here also, I may have 10 to 15 tabs in a daily SCALP file with 30 plus designs at any given time. SCALP is built for production. I cut one order in VM and that was enough. I do use VM to make my contour projects it excels at that, but I cut them in SCALP.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, Monkey said:

Ugh...the "many eye one me"...I dread.

On 9/14/2016 at 1:49 PM, busterbay said:

@Monkey He is a Sure Cuts A Lot user as am I, so many people knock the program but it does what is supposed to do, cut. And this is a good example of it doing a good job at cutting. 

Sorry for the late response... lol...Yes i am a Scalps user.. Scalps 4 pro now actully. I upgraded from 3 pro.  Just love the program along with ai Cs6 and or cc... Between the 2 its the perfect and simple software combo...