Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, I was trying to find the correct subcategory for the MH871.

I need some help. My cutter will not cut anything small and detailed. I am trying to print two sugar skulls, around 2.5-"3" wide and 3-3.5" in length but the pics below is what it's doing. I am also trying to cut text that's around 4" wide and 2.5" long and it messes up every time. 

The cut speed is 330, press is 150. I've tried on cut press 130 up to 170 and it won't work either. I've also tried slowing down the speed, down to 120. AND also tried it on two different brands of vinyl. Please help me! :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Less blade exposure along with the slowing down.  You should barely see a mark on the backing paper

• Like 1

For something that detailed you'll want a much slower speed and double check your blade. Do a search on here, there are dozens of threads that contain instructions on the correct way to set blade depth.

Also keep in mind, even with everything set correctly, that fine of detail on a MH is going to be tricky and you'll likely never get it 100% perfect.

• Like 1

Try between 16 and 20 on the speed and the blade has to be right. With the MH start really slow and slowly up the speed for fine details.

from skeeter  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

13 minutes ago, signsbynorm said:

hey can anyone tell me about why it is over lapping cuts it's A MH 871 MK2

if it is going over it twice then there are multiple layers in your design - will have to separate the extra layers

1 hour ago, signsbynorm said:

no it seems to over lap each letter cut by a inch or so never had a cutter do this

do you have an amount set in the "overcut" in your software?

to the OP (KelliAnn) --   let me chime in here.

Take apart your blade holder (unscrew the housing). It could contain some debris and is fouling the free-spinning blade.

to signsbynorm -- you don't provide enough information about your issues, so I suggest you open another thread and describe what you are facing, including naming your software, adding a photo illustration, posting the actual cut file, and any other details that would assist those forum members across the country to troubleshoot long-distance.

Hey there norm,   you will have to press the RESET button (or alternatively, "offline" then hit "origin") after each job.