deth502

cheapest multi color shirts?

On 9/19/2016 at 4:45 PM, deth502 said:

i also tried some thing else for the first time. i did do one on poly. the material stretches a bit when pulling off the transfer paper during layers, and i had a bit of trouble with distorting the htv that was already on and making things line up, but it turned out ok. 

the front and back: (yes, this one is a little misaligned on the text, i had 2 like that, of course, one was the poly)

20160919_163851.jpg

To help with the htv distortion issue, just press each layer for 3-4 seconds to get it to stick and then on the final layer press for the full time (If you didn't do that). They look good tho, that red star at the bottom looks close to the red line and that bugs me but it could be the angle of the shirt.

• Like 1

yes, i certainly noticed the star (my ocd wouldnt allow me to ignore it), but it did help in alignment, as i knew that star was on the bottom. not that it would have mattered if the text was rotated differently, but saved me trying to match the rotation of the text inside it. 

and yes, i did do the 3 second press for the first layers, as per wild goose's  advice. the problem on the poly was with the stickieness of the siser backing paper. it would pull the shirt as i was pulling it off and the soft flexible poly never seems to want to fall back in the same position.

You can pull the shirt around and hopefully get it back into some sort of alignment. The real problem is things shrink so even with other HTV that has no sticky carrier you will experience this same issue. It's a tough thing on items like your multi colored design. If you are having issues getting the design centered before even pressing send it to me in a pm and I'll help you get it centered better. 

• Like 1

I would go the transfer route.  Ive done it many times here in the shop for low quantity high color shirts.  Have never had a complaint.  

• Like 1