CJ Artisans

Blade holders

I'm looking to pick up a couple extra blade holders for different materials. But I'm seeing an incredibly wide range of prices, from $110 for a genuine plastic Graphtec holder down to a compatible aluminum ones on eBay for $10. Crazy.

I'm a firm believer that generally you get what you pay for.  On the other hand, sometimes the best doesn't make enough of a practical difference. My personal workshop has a mixture of Festool and Harbor Freight tools and everything in between and I've found that often a bargain tool with a high-quality blade works pretty damn well. Anyone have experience with these sub-$25 holders?

almost all of my blade holders now are cheap chinese ones - works as good and if I feel it needs replaced in 2-3 years of heavy use it really isn't a big deal.  they work fine

I have purchased 3 graphtec blade holders from cnccheap on the bay. They work great and were only $15 each at the time with free shipping. They took about 2 weeks to come in from China. 

i am also looking at some of these cheap holders on ebay. I don't have a set of calipers here at the shop in SC. does anyone know the measurements of 1 for a us cutter sc model? or a link to where you have bought 1. I was looking on the bay and see the cheap Chinese that look like mine with blades for 6 bucks.

which 1 from us cutter for the sc is only $30 nothing like the $100 price tag your talking about

Does it matter which blade holder you get. I have the uscutter SC Plotter. The blade holder I have now is $30 on uscutter. I'm looking at some now on ebay. I need just one more so I do not have to keep changing how much needle shows when I have to switch from vinyl to HTV. 

The one with the blue back ground is the shape of the one I have now. Does it matter what the end is like, like in the 2nd picture?

fasdfsdsdfas.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

what matters most is diameter and length to the thousandth of an inch so make sure it is the right one for YOUR plotter - as long as those measurements are correct it should be ok 

both of my machines I have multiple holders for but the strange thing is regular vinyl and htv is the one thing I use the same holder and setting for :/

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

both of my machines I have multiple holders for but the strange thing is regular vinyl and htv is the one thing I use the same holder and setting for :/

It more so for the glitter HTV I use a deeper needle setting.

Anyone know the size blade holder is for uscutter SC plotter? I can't find it on uscutter.com and I can't match the sizes up on anything on ebay. ""Banging my head one the desk!!"":unsure:

About a year ago my blade holder come up missing Kids. And Uscutter had them on back order. So I took a chance on one on ebay And I got this one from Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Blade-Holder-for-Vinyl-Plotter-Cutter-Blade-UsCutter-Roland-/201565140379?hash=item2eee37f59b:g:~gYAAOxygj5Slvrs  worked just fine with my SC. I did find my other holder later. When one of the grandkids came to me with it asking what is this?

• Like 2