Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

faint background colors

So I'm sublimating some cups & travel mug. I've had this issue in the past, solved it, but forgot how.  The problem is there's a faint color square around the images. Whats the best way of eliminating this? Been a year since I did it.

Ink gasses must be escaping around the perimeter, are you holding the paper down with tape and making sure your pad is holding it tight at the edge?

You can see the square straight out of the printer. A guy wanted his company logo on a travel mug, sent me a pic. Opened in Illy, looked good.  Printed, there's a faint pink square. I had this on another company logo but was able to get rid of it, and for the life of me I can't remember how I did it. 

I'm just guessing but maybe change the white in the image from cmyk white to RGB white if possible. Just a shot in the dark. 

Just snooping around to see if there's any tips I could use and I came across my post. I remembered what I did. Window>Image trace. Click color, then full tone. Open advanced and check ignore white. Then trace.