Monkey

Store Front I recently did

Did my first store front the other day. Largest scale job so far. Learned fast it was a 2 man job. Luckily i was able to get help fast. Pictures dont do the Orange justice. Pops really well and clear from the road. Future image going in blank space under shop name. Whole thing was a dry install....PITA. This is the 3rd time Ive tried wet install on glass with rapidtac  and it not work. Use it on metal and works fine, on glass the vinyl never sticks. Had to go back and recut the shop name because of it never adhering to the glass when tried wet at first. I did each line individually to make it easier to install. Curious if I shouldnt have went with more wasted vinyl inbetween lines of text instead of more measuring on site.

Curious what some of you would have charged for this job installed. I offered them 2 prices, just cut and installed as I was hoping they would take the just cut as I was intimidated by the size. But wasnt AS bad as I thought lol.  Windows are 66" x 82" and door is 30" wide to give scale.

Pick%20of%20the%20litter%202_zpsgxinus3g

Pick%20of%20the%20litter%205_zpsb63eeyp4

• Like 7

Looks darn nice to me Monkey:thumbsup:

Cal

• Like 1

@ Monkey : The install looks great. Good job!

@ Buster, A standard laser level on a tripod that works just as well for the purpose.

I have a cheap Craftsman laser trac model on top of a manfroto tripod with 3 leveling thumbscrews. It comes in handy when you have to align something across non-contiguous shapes like uneven doors etc.

• Like 1

Me personally,   

I cut as much as I can on 1 piece.  Vinyl is cheap and you tend to waste more time measuring each line then it's worth.   

I've learned that the more I try to save vinyl the more I end up messing up. 

Looks really good though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KYSIGN said:

Looks good. On a side note that's one long domain name. 

LOL yeah I mentioned that as well. When I put it up I said "and now for the alphabet"

• Like 1

That looks really nice. What did you use to prep the glass? I'm still learning so any help is appreciated.

Nice work. Getting ready to do one one Monday will put pictures up when done. Once again nice work. 

Thanks everyone. I cleaned the glass with the rapid tac fluid.