Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

thinking of doing t-shirts

We have been entertaining doing t-shirts now as well. and are wondering

should we bee looking for a screen printer or will a heat press suffice?

This is all new to us and we dont know what all will be needed to do it,

can anyone help? Thanks, Kim

If you are going to apply vinyl to shirts or apparel, all you will need is a good heat press, heat applied vinyl, etc.  We had thought of doing screenprinting but decided against it.  We love doing heat applied vinyl.

Jenny

Any more questions just ask away.  I'm sure even our 'resident' t-shirt master, Joe will chime in.  ;D

Any more questions just ask away.  I'm sure even our 'resident' t-shirt master, Joe will chime in.  ;D

Lol Jenny

Thats a huge Title for me, I appreciate it though.

It all depends on what you want to do. I mean, you have a cutter and you could make t shirts with vinyl and get some more $ out of yout cutter. In this case you will need a heat press. I heat press is very versatile, you can make t shirt with vinyl or inkjet/laser transfers and even iron your shirts and pants ( I swear I havent used a regular iron since I got my heat press).

You can be making custom t shirts and/or logo and corporate uniforms and stuff. I would recommend you to get a heat press and take advantage of your cutter. NOW, which method to use will depend on quantities. If you are going to do small runs or custom shirts, then t shirt vinyl is the way to go. If you are going to go for long runs, screenprinting is the way.

Making few shirts in screenprinting is way expensive due to the whole process and materials involved. In the other hand, making a lot of shirts in vinyl involves too much time and effort and price will be much higher than screenprinting them

So as I said, it all depends on quantities.

Anyhow I would suggest you get a heat press and make money with it. People love personalized items.

Hope this helps.

Joe

and even iron your shirts and pants ( I swear I havent used a regular iron since I got my heat press).

LOL.........now I NEVER thought of using the heat press for our day to day clothes, but now ya got me thinking Joe!!  ;D

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Another thing for doing shirts is plastisol, it is screenprint on transfers.  I use them when I have bigger orders that is too much work with vinyl.  Simply press them for 8 seconds peel and you're done.