Sign in to follow this  
rex

gs 24 install problem

I just got my new gs 24 today, i logged onto the website and followed the instructions for downloading the software and driver,,,I get to the part where your instructed to turn the plotter on and connect it to the pc,, then i do the verify test and get" device not found or status not acquired from device",,when i go to control panel and look at devices and printers,,it shows the gs 24,,under properties, it shows it with a ?,,but says device working properly,,,device manager shows the same, i am using windows 10 and the website said windows 8 driver would work,thinking the driver was the problem i tried to install it on my other laptop with vista, using the vista driver, exact same issue,,i am stumped,,any ideas

rex

still fighting this,,,,,,,seriouslly thinking about boxing it up and sending it back,,, for the money, you would think you would  get software,,starting to think i made an expensive mistake

What cutting software are you using? I'm not familiar with Roland cutters, do they have any proprietary plug-ins for AI or Corel like the Graphtecs? You know you can't effectively just hook it up and use it like a printer right?

none yet,,its all downloaded from their site, but you cant get to that part untill the usb is verified,and it wont get beyound that point

Well that kind of sucks. Nothing worse than investing a bunch of bling and then not be able to play. I think I'd be calling tech support. That was one of the huge selling points for Summa, Live free tech support. I had a few minor mac install issues when I first bought it too so I know how frustrating it can be. 

tech support at roland is really great,,it was the driver not taking, tech took over my pc and downloaded all drivers and software, now all is good,,now time to relearn

well i spoke to soon,cut software and driver is loaded, but i cant send anything to the cutter,,the ok box is grayed out,, looking around in printer and devices it has the cutter using usb port0003, but in the cut studio, its saying port 0001,,,I assume they should be the same,,,gonna be another long day tomorrow

Got it,,what a duffus,,,restart computer after installing new software works wonders,,duh,,,i cant believe  how much faster this cuts

26 minutes ago, rex said:

Got it,,what a duffus,,,restart computer after installing new software works wonders,,duh,,,i cant believe  how much faster this cuts

LOL We've all done that at least once.