sandman

Receive Notifications popup

Any way to stop this confounded "Do you want to receive notifications" from popping up on every click? I have tried to answer it not at this time and tried to just close it but I refuse to click yes as I do not want to receive notifications from this or any other web site.

Using Firefox 47.0 on Windows 7 Pro

next to your username int he top right corner = click on the arrow - then change your account  settings - under notifications

Could you be a bit more specific? That pop-up drives me nuts too and I've tried changing just about every notification setting trying to get rid of it...

11 hours ago, Tom@USCutter said:

I use Chrome and once I hit the "block" button on the popup, I haven't seen the notification since. 

Firefox doesn't have that option (that I know of), and it would be browser specific. I could block all pop-ups, but that would adversely affect other site's functions. I'm a bit surprised there's no way to disable it from the forum itself...

On 8/16/2016 at 8:24 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

next to your username int he top right corner = click on the arrow - then change your account  settings - under notifications

No change! Turned off all notification settings available.

Just had it pop up but this time it had an option to always block notifications. Clicking on that seems to have it gone.

8 hours ago, sandman said:

Just had it pop up but this time it had an option to always block notifications. Clicking on that seems to have it gone.

I was sure that I had tried that already? But I clicked on it now and the pop-up hasn't come back. I hope it stays that was... On the other hand, what else does that affect??

Thanks for the tip!! ( okay, emoticons not working for me... Insert bear and smile...)

8 hours ago, BearlyRich said:

I was sure that I had tried that already? But I clicked on it now and the pop-up hasn't come back. I hope it stays that was... On the other hand, what else does that affect??

Thanks for the tip!! ( okay, emoticons not working for me... Insert bear and smile...)

I don't think that option was there or it didn't work when I started the topic. It became available or functional after I turned off all the notification settings in the forum menu and my Firefox also updated itself to version 48 so one of those actions could have made it happen. ORRRRRR a forum admin could have changed a setting so we could stop it. In the case of the latter I say THANKS!

Either way, seems like it worked. No more pop-up tonight. But still no emoticons :-(