Sign in to follow this  
preachinggear.com

Titan with Sign Blazer

Ok, so I've read through all the threads about connecting a Titan cutter with SBE (I'm another die hard). I had it up and running using everyone's great advice and was thrilled. I went to bed after a long night's work and when I came back the next morning to get started, it showed the Titan as being "offline" in Devices and Printers window. Nothing I did seemed to revive it (unplug, replug, remove USB, plug back in USB, reboot machine, turn cutter on and off, etc.). So I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Whammo - seemed to get it back up and going again. Sweet. Fast forward a couple of days and I had the same problem this morning. So I go through all the same process again and now when I send a cut from SBE, I get a Windows error stating "Error Printing on TITAN-720i - US CUTTER Titan 24 The printer couldn't print SignBlazer". I am at my wit's end as I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, using a different computer, etc. etc. Any ideas from anyone would be a lifesaver as I have also spent a chunk of my morning trying to move a couple of my designs in to the Vinyl Master software that came with the Titan only to have HORRIBLE quality cuts from the vectorized images. Have orders that need to go out today so looking forward to your feedback.

ALSO - would be totally willing to go back to another MH721 if that's all I can get to work with SBE. That's how much I want to keep using this program. I honestly wouldn't have even switch to a Titan from my MH if it hadn't totally died on me.

ONE MORE THING - just to be clear, I am using a 28" Titan, I have my baud rate set at 38400 (same as the cutter), I am using USB port 1, and I have installed the drivers for the Titan from the USCutter website and installed as administrator. All of that worked before - none of it is working for me now. 

I usually just keep my mouth shut and probably should now but... You are dealing with the typical issues that a dead program has as the rest of the world moves on. Judging by the user interface I think SB was probably old when windows 3.1 came online. That being said, your best bet if you are joined at the hip with SB would probably be to go pick up an older pc or laptop running XP and make that your workstation. You won't be alone in your quest, of that I am sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preachinggear.com said:

Ok, so I've read through all the threads about connecting a Titan cutter with SBE (I'm another die hard). I had it up and running using everyone's great advice and was thrilled. I went to bed after a long night's work and when I came back the next morning to get started, it showed the Titan as being "offline" in Devices and Printers window. Nothing I did seemed to revive it (unplug, replug, remove USB, plug back in USB, reboot machine, turn cutter on and off, etc.). So I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Whammo - seemed to get it back up and going again. Sweet. Fast forward a couple of days and I had the same problem this morning. So I go through all the same process again and now when I send a cut from SBE, I get a Windows error stating "Error Printing on TITAN-720i - US CUTTER Titan 24 The printer couldn't print SignBlazer". I am at my wit's end as I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, using a different computer, etc. etc. Any ideas from anyone would be a lifesaver as I have also spent a chunk of my morning trying to move a couple of my designs in to the Vinyl Master software that came with the Titan only to have HORRIBLE quality cuts from the vectorized images. Have orders that need to go out today so looking forward to your feedback.

ALSO - would be totally willing to go back to another MH721 if that's all I can get to work with SBE. That's how much I want to keep using this program. I honestly wouldn't have even switch to a Titan from my MH if it hadn't totally died on me.

ONE MORE THING - just to be clear, I am using a 28" Titan, I have my baud rate set at 38400 (same as the cutter), I am using USB port 1, and I have installed the drivers for the Titan from the USCutter website and installed as administrator. All of that worked before - none of it is working for me now. 

just so you know if thinking about the new mh - the new MH series cutters are probably not like your older one - there have been 3 different changes to the mh in the past 9 years I know of and none for the better.

• Like 1

Thanks, everybody. I feel like I've definitely been beating a dead horse all day. Looks like the long avoided chore of re-working all my designs in new software is finally upon me. As soon as I get the vector module down in Vinyl Master, I think I'll be on to something. At least I know for a fact that it works and I have support, instead of the behind-the-hand giggles I get from USCutter support whenever I tell them that I'm still using SBE... LOL

And Dakota, yep, that's what Customer Support told me too. Looks like those of us who started off at the very tail end of SBE got a bit of a bum wrap because we got addicted and exporting from SBE is nothing short of a pain. So I guess it's time to grow up and play with the big kids now. 

"So I guess it's time to grow up and play with the big kids now."

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  -- I don't wanna !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how-to-deal-with-temper-tantrums-medium.

EXACTLY Slice and Dice! LOLOLOL I feel at home with Signblazer. Vinyl Master will take some getting used to, but much as I hate to admit it, this afternoon's experimentation with it has made me feel like I'll be able to adjust.

I started with signblazer but from the start saved all projects as an eps so it goes into any of the programs I use - pretty universal.   in the end - after the pain of learning the new stuff you will love the servo machine

• Like 1

You will be better for it in the long run. VM is a kick butt program. 

• Like 1