Sign in to follow this  
ldesantiago42

Mac software with titan 2

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing the 28" titan 2 is the servo motor that much better. I also have a mac and was wondering how the mac software rates, i.e.:user friendly etc?

I will be only using to for classes and a few custom order home decor signs on wood, canvas pillows...making stencils with paint mack and maybe cut some 7 or 10 ml mylar. Ive never used any cutter before so of course I'm worried about easy use and set up? If anyone have any suggestions, tips and recommendations  for me, I would be very grateful.

12931129_972460396184086_6754131794668748523_n.jpg

12472719_972460502850742_8264495923103410799_n.jpg

Looks like fun!!

The Titan 2 comes with Vinyl Master software, which is available in a Mac version (choose from the dropdown menu on the ordering page).

That machine is on sale for $845.

Honestly, for what you are intending to accomplish, I would think that the SC model would be fine.  It costs $300.

titan 2 with servo motor and solid usb chipset would get my vote any day over a sc with a stepper motor and the less than desirable chipset for the usb - just sayin having owned several stepper and servo cutters including the titan2 - it is a big step up!

• Like 1

QUOTE> "The Titan 2 comes with Vinyl Master software, which is available in a Mac version (choose from the dropdown menu on the ordering page). "

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought the Titan is Mac compatable but pretty sure VinylMaster Software is not.

Notice the drop down selection for "Mac Software" does not mention a Vinylmaster version.

You are correct Skarekrow. Windows only for VM. 

Idesantiago - like most things mac has a habit of being a bit finicky with the initial driver install but nothing that can't be handled. Your biggest limitation is going to be software as discussed already a little. The Sure Cuts A Lot Pro (SCALP) is not a very robust program although many have been successful using it. Being a mac owner I tend to lean toward other directions but the graphics end of things can have a steep initial learning curve. I use Adobe Illustrator to design and then cut with a dedicated cutting program called SignCut Pro. SignCut has a new version out that has some design capabilities but I have not tried it out at all. I own a dongle for the original version that is compatible on mac and pc alike so it's super handy for cutting however it has no design capability so that is done in another program. You'd be having to go with Illustrator or Inkscape or maybe Corel (can't remember if it is mac compatible or not). So there are a lot of complicated decisions to make and that's hard without any experience. I would probably buy it with SCALP and that will get you cutting and then if things get serious you can investigate other design and cutting options. The Titan cutter itself will be fine hooked to a mac. About the only one I have heard isn't ok with a mac is the MH. 

• Like 1

Right Goose... I believe it was actually you who brought that fact to light a while back.