Sign in to follow this  
bigfrank

Printing on vinyl

I do hydrographics, and do alot of tumblers.  I have been cutting a small decal for the bottom of the tumblers with my business name and phone numbers.  But what I would like to do is prinr some stickers with my logo and number on them, abd apply them to the bottom of the tumblers.  Obviously, they would need to be able to get wet and not fade.  I do not hav a laminator, and probably won't buy one.  I have seen where people have sprayed arasol clear over the stickers, and even cold laminating. 

My main questions is that is there a vinyl that will accept ink, and not have to be laminlated for this application?  I would be using an Epson Stylus 2200 printer that uses the archival inks, not the vegetable inks, then contour cut using a SC cutter. 

Also, if using a cold lanination sheet, will I be able to contour cut through both the lanination and vinyl?

Thanks

That's one thing I like to learn hydrographic. But cutting thur the laminated and label I can do it on my Roland vsi540. I really don't know with the cutter you have. But it should I believe set the pressure up

4 hours ago, hhsg said:

That's one thing I like to learn hydrographic. But cutting thur the laminated and label I can do it on my Roland vsi540. I really don't know with the cutter you have. But it should I believe set the pressure up

Any tips on where to get the cold lamanet sheets?  USCutter doesnt seem to have it.

actually I have a solvent printer and use oracal products - for laminates I use 210 and 290 the most depending on the media I am printing on.  I haven't used the greenstar laminate personally  - but if you are looking for cheapest there it is

• Like 1