Sign in to follow this  
MartiniUSA

USCutter FROM Illustrator CS6?

us cutter doesn't make a unit that prints so that could be the issue - if you have one of the many models of cutters uscutter sells than you will have to export your vector graphic and reimport it to a cutting software - none of the uscutter -cutters will cut directly except possibly the titan series

• Like 1

What cutter do you have and usually USCutter sells them with some sort of cutting utility (Program)?

Adobe Illustrator will export to several cut friendly formats. AI version 8 is a common one. Some use AI version 3. Both of these are older "legacy" formats and you may see a warning when saving but it's harmless (and necessary) when saving cut files. Basically the newer AI formats have multiple art boards and other options that are not compatible with the simple logic used by the cutter. SVG files are compatible with cutting utilities too. There are plug-in options available with some of the cutting utilities that you can add into AI and basically hit a button to send it through the specific program from illustrator. 

Hi again,

My machine is a MH Series, Model 721-MK2 + AI CS6.
I see this video and the guy teach how to do that. Check this plz:
BUT figure out he's using a adapter to cut with Illustrator.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha ha! That video is actually great comedy! YES you CAN. You can also cut all that out by hand without even having a cutter. The comedy part I laughed at was the part where he says this is SIMPLE and ANYONE can do this. I guess that's true too if you have an extra 30 feet of vinyl to practice on and unlimited time to get something done. The techies can probably do about anything with a pc but the fact that you are here asking how after watching the vid tells me you're probably not that technically inclined. Everything he said would make complete sense and you'd be cutting right now. I am not that technically inclined myself either so don't feel picked upon. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's the way you want to go.

If you have access to Illustrator then your best option in my humble opinion is to get your hands on Sign Cut Pro 

here: http://www.uscutter.com/Signcut-Productivity-Pro-Dongle-Lifetime

Or rent it by the week, month or whatever (also 7 day free trial)

The user interface tools to add weeding lines, separate colors, add registration marks, tile large graphics, make multiple copies, step by step cut,  etc.. make the minimal cost a bargain. It will operate from a plug-in directly within AI or you can just open the file up in the SignCut program and cut it. I actually design on one computer and transfer my files via thumb drive and cut them from a different computer. It's also both mac and pc compatible which is unique. 

If you are paying monthly rent on AI CC version (and don't want to keep that up) and are using a PC  then I would say Vinyl Master is is probably the best all around option. It basically has all the goodies of Flexi without the outrageous price tag.  Both of these options are useable with your current cutter and anything that you may move to down the road.