Sign in to follow this  
MinivanMomma

Hello & Help! ;)

Hi guys! New to the USCutter family!

My husband recently bought a USCutter to make shirts for our bait shop and for me to use on the side for other business options.

However I have a few questions!

1) Which program do you suggest would work best for layering graphics AND simple monograms..

2) Which program offers the largest variety of graphics and fonts?

3) Lastly, how difficult is it to learn these products for someone with a given 20min-2hr learning capability for electronics? 

I'm very savy with electronics, if given time to fiddle I can figure nearly anything out! 

So, please offer your advice and opinions!

Thanks!!!

program I would start with vinylmaster - learning to work with vector graphics will be your biggest challenge as anything you have done before this will probably have been using raster graphics made of pixels - whole new critter.   you might download signblazer or inkscape just to start to learn the difference - anything you cutter cuts will need to be a vector graphic.  fonts you can download so many your head will spin- graphics you will probably end up buying dvds with images or individual images if you are not proficient with vector graphics - we all learned - you can too

on time to learn - some pick it right up some struggle for years - no way to answer that one.

your cutter should have came with software to use with it - uscutter is a company and sells many many different models of cutters by several manufacturers - so when asking for help with that it will help a lot to know which cutter you are using

• Like 1

Hi there, momma!

Many USCUTTER users are making T-Shirts, hats and other apparel, cutting HEAT-TRANSFER-VINYL (HTV) and applying decals to the fabric with a heat press.

There are specialized "tricks" (tips) which you can find out about by reading the Forum topics devoted to T-Shirts and presses.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/63-heat-presses/

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/56-t-shirts-and-or-garments/