Sign in to follow this  
H2Ohydrographics

New exporting problems

We have encountered a new problem this morning.  When we export a crisp file from Corel into RoboMaster, the image no longer is crisp. The image appears in Robo very jagged.  This is even happening with simple word fonts.  We don't think that we have changed any of our export settings in Corel but it definitely seems to be happening during the export process.  Anyone have this trouble before?  Help Please!!  

export test.GSD

How are you exporting?
If exporting to a raster image such as JPG,BMP or PNG make sure Anti-aliased is checked.
Have you tried exporting as a DXF?

• Like 1

I will try that now.  This is a brand new problem.  We have had our business for years and have been exporting exactly the same way for years.  Its almost like we accidentally changed a setting or something.  We always export as a BMP-windows export.  Will try as a DXF now.  Thanks so much. 

You would probably get better results by using DXF which is a vector instead of tracing your BMP. Try another format like PNG or JPG to see if it's the same. Also export as 300 dpi or higher for better results. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KYSIGN said:

You would probably get better results by using DXF which is a vector instead of tracing your BMP. Try another format like PNG or JPG to see if it's the same. Also export as 300 dpi or higher for better results. 

Do you happen to know if Corel is a program that requires updates, and could that possible be the problem.  That might be a silly question but when I logged onto Corel for customer support, I noticed our version of Corel was pretty old.  Thanks for your help.

I doubt Corel is the problem. You are exporting a raster image and tracing it in robomaster. You will need to export it as large as possible and high dpi with Anti-alias checked. I would export as a HQ JPG or PNG for smaller file sizes if robomaster supports those formats. 

I just tried robomaster and used a DXF file and it was much better than tracing an image. When I opened the DXF file the design was microscopic and located at the very bottom left of the work space. I was able to select it all and scale it so it was visible. I wasn't able to test cut because I don't own a compatible cutter. 

What cutter do you have? If possible I would get some better cutting software that supports EPS or SVG. Robomaster is horrible.