T-Shirt Lady

Please tell me if there is a cure for this? Anything I can do right now?

So my USB port is broken. Now on the parallel port. I'm using a serial to usb that has worked previously with my MH721 but it doesn't work with this laserpoint II. At least I can't get it to cut. The progress bar says it cutting but nothing is happening. I've tried Signblazer and SCAL. Please help if you can. If not a hug would suffice.

lpII output settings.jpg

lpII output settings SCAL.jpg

47 minutes ago, T-Shirt Lady said:

So my USB port is broken. Now on the parallel port. I'm using a serial to usb that has worked previously with my MH721 but it doesn't work with this laserpoint II. At least I can't get it to cut. The progress bar says it cutting but nothing is happening. I've tried Signblazer and SCAL. Please help if you can. If not a hug would suffice.

lpII output settings.jpg

lpII output settings SCAL.jpg

You said you are connected via Parallel port ??

1 minute ago, mb20music said:

yes, using this serial to usb cable. 

Looks like your COM port is recognizing your cable in both Sure Cuts and SB... I assume you have the driver for the cable installed on your computer since it worked with the MH cuttter.

Open device manager, and check that ports communication parameters- BAUD rate. - and see if it matches the Baud rate of the cutter.  Also check COM settings in  SB.

Write down settings if you make changes, if you need to revert back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T-Shirt Lady said:

JBurns, Thank you. It's working fine now. 100%.  

To everyone else thanks for the "serial" correction.  

• Like 1

I'm confused - you say you have a refine mh series cutter - posted in the sc cutter section and the 2 set ups above show a laserpoint (made by creation)  and a laserpoint 2 (made by liyu).  lets start with exactly which cutter we are dealing with?  2nd are you using the serial cable that came with the cutters - some use a null modem serial cable and some a straight serial cable . . . 

On 8/10/2016 at 11:11 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I'm confused - you say you have a refine mh series cutter - posted in the sc cutter section and the 2 set ups above show a laserpoint (made by creation)  and a laserpoint 2 (made by liyu).  lets start with exactly which cutter we are dealing with?  2nd are you using the serial cable that came with the cutters - some use a null modem serial cable and some a straight serial cable . . . 

Thank you so much for your help Dakotagrafx, I apologize that you got confused. The problem I was having was with my Laserpoint II, I refered to the MHRefine only to say that the cable worked fine when I used it with that cutter before I got the LPII. All is well now and the Laserpoint II is working like a champ. 

I'm using the same cable that you see recognized in the settings shown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

glad you got it all sorted out and working!

Yes, I think I may have panicked and rushed to the boards. :-)