Sign in to follow this  
rex

plotting off course

i have a us cutter mh871,which i have been happy with, but all of a sudden its plotting undrawn lines, i have it grounded to the stand, using the pen tool or blade makes no difference,im using illy 8, and illy cs6,,,first drew it in cs6, on a windows 10, and on windows xp, it cuts ok untill it gets to the teeth then it cuts lines right through the teeth, so i redrew it with the older version, and it cut the same way,,,also drew up a different skull and it did the same,it seems to only do it on the teeth,,another odd thing is after it started doing this i plotted out a skull i drew a few years ago and it plotted fine,,,im doing a manual trace over an image like ive done before with no problems,,,the image looks fine in outline,but when i send it to signblazer, it cuts crazy,

two seperate pcs,,,mh871, two different operating systems, signblazer loaded on both, what am i missing,,i attached the file so someone can plot it to see if its the file or my plotter going out,,any help would be greatly appreciated

skulls-600-7.ai

I see issues with the teeth. They are incomplete objects so the program is probably connecting open ends together. Are the teeth a different color? I can't tell from your image what the final outcome is supposed to look like. If the teeth and the skull are all connected then that's going to be a problem the way this is drawn. 

Basically if the teeth are some second cut color then they need finished off as individual objects. If they are supposed to be part of the main skull then they need welded together with the skull but this can can't be done until they are objects as well.  Just a line by itself won't probably give you the results you seek but it WILL show you where things are messed up and maybe you can fix them from there. I would have finished this off for you to try but like I say I can't tell what you want at the end of the day. I don't generally cut between too objects that touch like a lot of the teeth. If they touch they touch. Unless it's a color change then what's the point of a slice between them? 

i`m making a stencil for airbrushing,,,so there are no colors,everything was all done in a stroke color red, stroke pt. 1,,,,,,what do i need to do to fix this?,,,i really didnt do anything different, never had this issue before,,,,,there is air conditioning blowing towards the machine,,if that makes any difference? the image is just the outline with the teeth, as thats the only area with the problem, the rest of the image will plot like drawn, just the teeth are screwing up,i have attached the pic that i traced,,i know the trace isnt perfect, but ive made spray masks with worse traces,????

skulls-600-7.jpg

thanks for the reply Wildgoose,i can cut the outline,thats not a problem, i think its a plotter problem,, today the pc wont recognise my usb so both laptops wont work with plotter

so its back to windows xp and slow pc with serial connection,,going to order a roland later in the week, thanks again