storm2313

How to add Speed Weed Boxes, Align Marks, and Easy Lift Tabs, in Contour Cut Wizard

I realize if I want to cut regular vinyl I can send the items to a cut file, and then add speed weed boxes, align marks, easy lift marks ect. How do I add these features using contour cut while using my ARMS feature? I have none of thee options other than a standard weed box in the contour cut wizard.

I'm sure there's a way to ad them, and I'm lost as how to do it other than making my own weed boxes manually which is time consuming.

I thank you, and truly appreciate the support you offer.

The Contour Cutting Wizard is targeted at short runs of printed artwork with an outline, such as decals - which are usually easy to pull away from the media in a single piece. Whereas Speed-Weed, Align and Easy Lift Marks are targeted at text and complex shapes that are difficult to weed and line up in situ so were not included in the Contour Cutting Wizard. 

Potentially if there was enough interest for it we could add an additional tab in the Contour Cutting Wizard that included advanced weeding and layout tools and we welcome everyone's ideas and suggestions. 

Well count me in as requesting those tools to be added.

I'm sure everyone knows all media is different, and those options would be a worthy update to this amazing software.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I guess I don't see the need for the extra features during a contour cut but maybe I'm missing something. 

A feature like speed weeding on a contour cut for lettered graphics, or images with intricate details is very useful, and provides an enormous amount of time savings. The feature of easy lift marks on those same detailed cuts would once again provide end users saving time on their jobs.The alignment marks mean your work can easily be extended far beyond what your printer may be able to print without them. Once again a highly usable profitable feature

The question here is did you really buy this software for simply cutting vinyl, or producing digital graphics to be used for contour cutting. I produce digital printed graphics, and use a variety of media. These features would make my workflow more streamlined.

Standard vinyl cutting is something I may do once a month if I'm busy. This software has so many excellent features some honestly I may never use. I feel they dropped the ball on this cause the features should have been allowed to be used with all cutting modules. I don't see what problems it would have caused if they let the end user have them available, and decide if they want to use them which I'm sure most would especially if they were doing print & cuts on a routine basis.

Cutting vinyl text, and digitally printed text using a contour cut is essentially the same thing, so to not have these tools available is puzzling to me.

• Like 1

Does adding the tools to the contour cut module instigate a major revision, or could you allow the update to be added easily?

How long would a released revision to add the module to the software be?

Thank you.

On August 9, 2016 at 4:38 AM, storm2313 said:

A feature like speed weeding on a contour cut for lettered graphics, or images with intricate details is very useful, and provides an enormous amount of time savings. The feature of easy lift marks on those same detailed cuts would once again provide end users saving time on their jobs.The alignment marks mean your work can easily be extended far beyond what your printer may be able to print without them. Once again a highly usable profitable feature

The question here is did you really buy this software for simply cutting vinyl, or producing digital graphics to be used for contour cutting. I produce digital printed graphics, and use a variety of media. These features would make my workflow more streamlined.

Standard vinyl cutting is something I may do once a month if I'm busy. This software has so many excellent features some honestly I may never use. I feel they dropped the ball on this cause the features should have been allowed to be used with all cutting modules. I don't see what problems it would have caused if they let the end user have them available, and decide if they want to use them which I'm sure most would especially if they were doing print & cuts on a routine basis.

Cutting vinyl text, and digitally printed text using a contour cut is essentially the same thing, so to not have these tools available is puzzling to me.

Makes sense Storm. 

• Like 1

I'm a true fan of VM,:) and realize the true potential this software has as far as graphic production goes, and a suggestion I would make if possible is for Futurecorp to look into maybe version of VM that the end user could customize by buying certain modules to expand the features of the software based on requirement. I work with CNC Cad/Cam software which is essentially the same concept, and almost all the companies let you buy expansion modules based on your business model.

I realize VM comes in a few different versions, but there really geared toward vinyl cutting in general, while not being end user specific.

Two revisions of software would be a concept offering the end user a larger value being geared around what they primarily use the software for. I can say for a fact the general features this software has for standard vinyl cutting is an amazing value especially when considering the integrated training videos incorporated in each module. I can say personally it saved me hours of tinkering to get the desired effect as I ran through my first few jobs.

it would be nice to even add a sticky part to this forum which would allow all users to give their suggestions for possible future updates.

Everyone on here does a great job offering support, so I think it would be an extremely valuable tool in both support, and software marketing.

Unless you are talking about adding more tools than the pro top level already has then my response would be that the program, even at the highest level. is affordable enough not to worry about compartmentalizing it. Compared to Flexi which is probably the best comparison program similar out in the world, VM is cheap. When you look at everything you get for the investment it's a real bargain. I am still an AI guy and probably will be my whole life but as I play with VM it keeps surprising and impressing me. 

I agree, with you. I just feel the tools should be set for a more specific genre of work to the end users needs. They made one piece of software to support digital graphic production, and straight vinyl cutting. This is done through four versions of software each expanding its features to support both types of manufacturing.

If they offered a program to support straight vinyl cutting, or graphics with the option to expand through a module purchase to bridge into one or the other means they could strictly focus on tools to support one business model, or the other. This would allow further expansion of specific tools used by the end user.

I see a purpose for another tool specific to graphic production. I've had some artifacting  happen while adding contour cut trace lines to certain images. This typically means prints are wasted if I didn't catch the single node in the wrong place. I would love to see a trace scanner be added to review your image prior to producing it possibly catching abnormalities allowing correction before you print them. This tool would be an amazing time saver for graphic production, less useful for standard vinyl cutting.

I have no experience with any other vinyl software, so I can't comment on them, but VM has proved to be outstanding in value, and I recommend it to everyone.

Guest smike61

I have vinylmaster 4.0. And unless I am missing something adding weeding lines to complex graphics is not possible, or extremely time consuming. With Signcut Pro you can do it with the click of a mouse. I must be missing something why would a program made for vinyl cutting have no way to add weeding lines where you want them

image.thumb.png.a3d63973c31d99f561e5efc6d0d81bfa.png

To bring this module up, send the artwork to a Cutfile, click Edit in the Cut Documents window.

Available in VinylMaster PRO, DSR and XPT.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.