mjried21

Why can I not find current reviews of SC Series USCutter?

I am looking and cannot seem to find anyone talking about that White, SC series USCutter plotter/cutter, why is that? Why should I buy the SC Cutter vs. the MH cutter? My brother and I have a MH 871, 28" cutter however, we had a capacitor 'blow' on our first attempt at cutting a logo (or was never attached and just came off). We had to take the entire thing apart and have subsequently learned all the inner workings of this machine!? :)  What we want to know is how long can we expect to be able to use our cutter for making vinyl stickers and t-shirt images for heat transfer to cotton. 

I think I want us to buy a new SC Cutter, but cannot find the real differences between the MH and SC versions? My brother and I were so let-down and disappointed that we have a broken machine. We want to use this to start our business out of our garage/workshop! 

broken mainboard 2.jpg

SC has a laser and will contour cut. I have had one for several years and they are a work horse however they will dog track just like the MH on long runs. That is the only bad feature I know of if you are not making anything over 4 foot long they are great.

Ground your machine to the stand and it will stop the static that most likely caused your MH to die. I go as far as grounding my to the floor also.

• Like 1

First off, welcome aboard.

As to the problem with your MH cutter, did you purchase it new?  If so, the warranty should cover the parts you need.

Regarding the differences between the MH and SC, I do not know all the differences.  I think you will find a lot of people with either the MH or the SC that have gotten great service from them.  I have an SC model, I purchased this one because I can use it with my Mac whereas the MH cannot be.

Cal

• Like 1

The SC seems to have a lot less issues with it. Not a LOT of price difference but apparently a decent upgrade. I have not used either the SC or MH personally but we see hundreds of threads with MH issues. Less with the SC. 

• Like 2

I guess I will clarify I have BOTH the MH and the SC both are good entry level machines. BOTH are affected by static the number one killer of the boards. The differences are where I noted them in my previous post.

• Like 1

sc more stable from reading on the board since they came out - as far as the mh usc sells the boards.  if it is a mainboard pay particular attention to which one you purchase as there are 3 different versions of the mainboard for the mh over the years it has been sold.   
on your capacitor I am betting that was never there - when a capacitor blows it leaves lots of trace including the leads 

• Like 1

Thank you and much appreciation for the responses and input! I was thinking the same thing about the capacitor, there was no 'evidence' of it blowing up. I have seen videos of what blown capacitors look like. My brother went ahead and ordered the new mainboard and a new SC model cutter for his home, and I will get the MH and put it back together! ;) That's what I do, I am the more technically adept one and he is the creative one! :D

5 hours ago, mjried21 said:

Thank you and much appreciation for the responses and input! I was thinking the same thing about the capacitor, there was no 'evidence' of it blowing up. I have seen videos of what blown capacitors look like. My brother went ahead and ordered the new mainboard and a new SC model cutter for his home, and I will get the MH and put it back together! ;) That's what I do, I am the more technically adept one and he is the creative one! :D

Sounds like a productive partnership. Yin & Yang