Sign in to follow this  
haumana

.eps file types ...

I know that there are different types of .eps files, but I was wondering, is there such a thing as Illustrator .eps (specific) files? I know that Illustrator can create, open, and save .eps, but I'm wondering if thre are certain types of .epf file that are saved in and for Illustrator so that only Illustrator can open?

I hope I didn't confuse you guys. I think I'm a little confused myself droolfactor10.gif

Ive never heard of that .eps is a postscript file just about any vector program can open one. if you are having an issue maybe post the file and we will try to open in and maybe resave it for you.

Wayne

that's what i thought, thanks!

You can save Illustrator .eps files but they SHOULD open in most programs. I recommend saving them in older versions, I mean like Illustrator 8 eps instead of Illustrator CS3 eps. There are more chances of compatibility.

Joe

You can save Illustrator .eps files but they SHOULD open in most programs. I recommend saving them in older versions, I mean like Illustrator 8 eps instead of Illustrator CS3 eps. There are more chances of compatibility.

Joe

Yah, there have been a few files that people send to me, but then I either need to send it back, or find someone else to down convert it for me. I'm chugging along with AI9, without an upgrade in sight. I priced what it would cast to buy at my local university bookstore (I have an ID to do contract work on the medical building campus) that would get me the "academic" discount of $200. Still kind of pricey for one piece of software.

Haumana I have CS3 AI, AP, ADW and AF... and I have to down grade just about everything I do. So you cant win for losing so to speak.

Eric