Sign in to follow this  
Sue2

Adhesive Embroidered Patches

For those of you that do embroidery, I have a customer looking for stick on company logo patches...

A previous company she worked for had them so employees could wear their own clothing but still have the company logo up front.

Anyone know of this type logo patch.  It's not iron-on. It just sticks to the fabric and is removed afterwards.

She says they lasted about 4-5 uses then the sticky was no longer tacky enough.  

If they are throw-away after a few uses, the cost has to be reasonable.

I was thinking that an embroidered logo patch with a magnet back would hold up better/longer.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Sue2

On 7/29/2016 at 11:47 AM, Go-C Graphics said:

why wouldn't they just use a button.  

Well, I would think an embroidered patch would look much more professional than a button LOL

25 minutes ago, security802 said:

https://www.badgemagic.com/

not sure but this caught my eye when i googled temporary patch attaching

Thanks but they don't want the patch to be permanent......just something to stick on whatever personal

shirt or coat they are wearing....she said ihe sticky only lasted 4-5 uses.

Like these...but I don't know the reliability of  this company:

https://www.siennapacific.com/decals-stickers/embroidered-stickers.html

Patches are fairly specialized. I looked into them briefly but decided I would learn that some other day. Buttons sound like a good idea IMO. I have never heard of temporary adhesive like you describe but I am a newbie to the embroidery world. Coming up on a year but that doesn't mean much in that circle. 

You are probably better off looking at double sided fabric/fashion tape for temporary use. It can be used a few times, and then torn off and replaced.

Am I reading that right?  $0.86 each at qty 1000?  Good for 4 or 5 uses?  So that's $0.86 per employee per week?

Suggest buttons (with no artwork or mylar, just the metal parts) with adhesive patches applied to the front - they would last MUCH longer that way.  You can add the magnetic clothing attachments for about $0.60 each for a total investment of less than $1 in parts per "button" - even if you sell them for 5x as much, they'll save most of that in the first two months...

I recently ordered some magnetic clothing attachments from ebay for $0.59 each (with S&H) -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/171143443174

I used them on my el-cheapo zombie disposal badges that I laser engraved. I am unable to attach the 181kb image file because " You are only allowed to upload 1003.52kb." - whatever that means...