Sign in to follow this  
CUT EASY

Pcut CT630.....using too much vinyl!

Ok.....I finally got my CT630 working!  Now the question is how do I set it so that I'm not wasting a lot of vinyl for small designs???  Is it possible to rotate the image so that it cuts lengthwise and not vertically on the vinyl?

And can I set it up were it will cut the same image side by side....in case I have to continue to cut vertically.

Thanks!

yes but answer varied depending on what cutting software you are using

Hi, that's a great name to use ---  "Cut Easy" ---  because for the most part, cutting IS easy.

Think of it this way, you have one small design, say 3" big, and your vinyl size is 24", so within your Design program, simply select your one item, and then CTRL+D to Duplicate it and create 7 of these across (and make the workspace large enough to accommodate them all-- say, 22")

That's your Cut File for multiples.

As for the part about Rotating when sending to cutter, yes, that's certainly within your cutting software commands.

1 hour ago, CUT EASY said:

And I am using Illustrator to design and Sign Cut to do the rest.

In SignCut there are several options on the main page along the bottom to allow you to rotate the design to better utilize the space. You will probably have to manually type in the width and length of your vinyl in the "Cutter" box that is the third one over from the right to get full value from some of the smart functions within the program. If your cutter self measures the vinyl when you load it SignCut will load the width and length information in for you.  If you still struggle with this after playing with it I can send some screen shots. I don't send to the cutter through AI but rather I save my files down to AI version 8 which is SignCut's preferred version and then just open them directly from SignCut. I had a few hick-ups when running it through the plug-in and changed my methods and have had zero issues this way. You may not have issues.