jdmarti1

.ve file assistance needed

I read that Flexi can open a file with the .ve extension.  Unfortunately I don't use it.  Can somebody convert this to a file I can open in Corel or VinylMaster please?  Thanks for the help.

OILTON FIRE DEPT. 7-16.ve

Thank you very much!!!!  So many helpful people.  I was hoping that was layered - now I get to try to get it into layers - anybody have an idea?  My viewer is showing the top and bottom cutoff - not sure if that is just the viewer or the file, I don't have Corel at work - LOL.

I imported it into Word - not sure why the viewer doesn't show properly.  Oh well, just something to remember.  Now - the hardest part, I need to figure out a way to layer that so I can cut it in vinyl.  Any ideas?

All the colors in that eps are objects and you will simply need to do a cut by color. Although it is building everything on top of the black, so the letters inside the stripes will be a pain. Would be easier to make the stripes and star field solid then add the black letters on top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

All the colors in that eps are objects and you will simply need to do a cut by color. Although it is building everything on top of the black, so the letters inside the stripes will be a pain. Would be easier to make the stripes and star field solid then add the black letters on top.

How do I go about making the stripes and star field solid?

1 hour ago, jdmarti1 said:

How do I go about making the stripes and star field solid?

With a file as complex as that one you end up with a LOT of work actually building it. In your case I think I would attempt to cut it as is in color layers as noted above. It's going to upper level on the skill set to modify that design. The original file probably has it organized better than a converted one. There are a bunch of little misc pieces you would have to round up and at the end of the day it may not even be all that much easier to cut and weed. The black will go first followed by the blue then white and red. Don't know how large or small you are trying to go on this but if it's too small you might have some weeding issues. 

This would be a good candidate for print work

I need to remove the RFB and the 9/11 from some of the things we need to do.  That is all I need modified.

5 minutes ago, jdmarti1 said:

I need to remove the RFB and the 9/11 from some of the things we need to do.  That is all I need modified.

What program are you currently using for graphics? 

OILTON MOD.svg

Here, I dropped those out for you. I basically dropped a box over the top of each one and welded things together to quickly get rid of the knock out letters. Replaced a couple stars that were cut through etc...  not sure what program you are running but you might want to spend some time practicing. This kind of fix is common. 

I had to save this as an SVG for file size, Hopefully you can open it. AI tends to generate large files sizes. 

I can't help you much with Corel but the essence of it is you draw a box over the top of the offending letter and weld it to the stripe thus eliminating the cut out spot. Anything within the area boundary like the R up in the blue you can just select the particular line and delete it which in AI is known as the Direct selection tool. I just selected the specific line that needed gone and NOT the entire object. I am sure there is something similar in Corel. The spots where the letters are through the whole stripe are where the welded box idea is a faster fix.

• Like 1