security802

Just gonna Rant

So I know a few on here like to target shoot. So I have a 100 yard range in my back woods and love to shoot when I can afford the rounds, and love that my 10yr old is into it with me. I have lived where I am for 14yrs. There is a golf course next door and have never had an issue with popping out back and letting some rounds off. Well they decided they were going to send the State Troopers to my door a week after I did some sighting in on my new 1911. Wasn't home Trooper calls me on my cell, and we chat. Wicked nice guy by the way, long story short he tells me that I am legal and that there is nothing I HAVE to do different. So this was Friday, Sunday I decide to work on my 12ga (need the new fore grip thinned down as not to hang on receiver) and went out and fired 5, that's right only 5 rounds. An hour later the Sheriff's Deputy shows up on my front porch.... Tells me he had to come because they called, but if the Trooper told me I was legal then there is nothing I am doing wrong. So after 14yrs of doing the same thing, and 4yrs of the current owners, they decide they need to call in the police with out even talking to me about anything.... WTF

Sorry just had to rant as super annoyed, but being the adult and not out back shooting to relieve stress.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I'd buy more ammo but I am a little passive aggressive at times

Oh I have a ton, but I do not want to make the lives of the boys in blue harder so will let it cool a couple of days, then bring over some friends to practice

• Like 7

I would most certainly clean Walmart out of every junk birdshot round they have and sit out back and have a picnic....Firing a round at least every 60 seconds....

I got into very high power air rifles a few years ago and had a neighbor complain about them....So for about a week all I did when I came home from work was shoot for about 4 hours every night ranging from 22s up to a 308 and that's only because the BMG is to expensive to waste ammo

• Like 3

Macon you're my kind of guy! Nothing to do with guns but we had a neighbor in my last subdivision that complained because if he looked from just the right angle he could see another guys shed and it didn't match his house which was a code in the sub. Well the lot directly behind the guy with the shed was not technically IN the subdivision so we talked him into letting my neighbor move his shed the 10 feet off his own property and out of the technical subdivision. (I obviously helped out and may have slightly encouraged the whole idea) THEN I took one of my kids mirrored sliding doors off their closet and set it up against the shed so the afternoon sun would shine nice and bright at the HOA nazi guys house so he could enjoy lots of love from our direction. It was awesome. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Macon Innovations said:

I would most certainly clean Walmart out of every junk birdshot round they have and sit out back and have a picnic....Firing a round at least every 60 seconds....

I got into very high power air rifles a few years ago and had a neighbor complain about them....So for about a week all I did when I came home from work was shoot for about 4 hours every night ranging from 22s up to a 308 and that's only because the BMW is to expensive to waste ammo

just got a gamo 22 cal a couple of months ago - really surprised at what a "air" rifle can do

• Like 1

I recently bought a few airsoft guns to play around with the kids and teach some gun safety, Holy smokes I wish they would have had these when I was a teenager. Amazingly realistic if you buy a good one. I got one that even fits my Glock paddle holster. 

Next time you go out shooting, have some drinks and snacks standing by for the officer that shows up this time. :)

• Like 1

I just got a 45 caliber airgun called the texan.....From a company called AirForce....Shoots a 220 grain ballistic tip hornady at 1280 FPS with just under 500 ft lbs of kenetic.....With 3000psi behind it....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Macon Innovations said:

I just got a 45 caliber airgun called the texan.....From a company called AirForce....Shoots a 220 grain ballistic tip hornady at 1280 FPS with just under 500 ft lbs of kenetic.....With 3000psi behind it....

That's awesome! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Macon Innovations said:

holy crap that sounds cool

It's 58 inches from end to end....With the first 19 being the suppressor......And here is a 45 round I shoot out of it next to a 177 pellet 

rps20160726_212653.jpg

rps20160726_212633.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Macon Innovations said:

It's 58 inches from end to end....With the first 19 being the suppressor......And here is a 45 round I shoot out of it next to a 177 pellet 

rps20160726_212653.jpg

rps20160726_212633.jpg

Oh WOW    That's crazy.

I didn't even know they make this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Neither did I, I just needed to up the game a bit for the squirrels that did all the damage, that is way bigger than I had seen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Oh WOW    That's crazy.

I didn't even know they make this kind of thing.

lol i need clarification here on this ..That thing is gnarly lol...  the pellet gets shot out if or the 45 copper head does lol?

EL you need to do what a friend and me was doing the other day. We got some tannerite and was blowing things up. The man next door came over and ask what we were shooting. Said it was vibrating the pictures off the wall. 

images.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

lol i need clarification here on this ..That thing is gnarly lol...  the pellet gets shot out if or the 45 copper head does lol?

It shoots the 45.....But it uses a 3000psi charge of air so it is an Air gun......

10 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Neither did I, I just needed to up the game a bit for the squirrels that did all the damage, that is way bigger than I had seen.

I will post my little critter getter this afternoon....It's a 25 caliber from the same company.....