Primal Decals

Can another category name be added to the site?

I see there is a Instructional Contributions category,Graphics Requests and help with Vectorizing as well , but what about if we add a section for offering free vector files ,ai,svg,eps etc and or links as some of us get them we can share to everyone? I get free downloads that can be given away free and never know where to post them,one site is .Im sure others get them too but i get many from other sites as well and im sure some people would love to have free stuff that is legit and legal to give away with no copyright restrictions to offer to all . And of course they cannot be COPYRIGHTED ...

I think this would be a great add on-- So maybe call it   " Share Your Non Copyrighted Vector files " or something similar to that ? just a thought.

• Like 1

One site that gives things away constantly is Clipartandfonts.com  but on the page it says this which doesnt make sense, because anyone can go there and get them for free lol..   Here is what is posted "  Attention! You can use these images, but it is not allowed to distribute, publish or sell them in any way unless you purchase a license"

here is the link.. so you can see for yourself. delete if needed,I just wanted to show what i was talking about and maybe get a clearer answer on this http://www.clipartandfonts.com/Free_Clipart.html

2 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

One site that gives things away constantly is Clipartandfonts.com  but on the page it says this which doesnt make sense, because anyone can go there and get them for free lol..   Here is what is posted "  Attention! You can use these images, but it is not allowed to distribute, publish or sell them in any way unless you purchase a license"

here is the link.. so you can see for yourself. delete if needed,I just wanted to show what i was talking about and maybe get a clearer answer on this http://www.clipartandfonts.com/Free_Clipart.html

Years ago I bought some of their disk that had copyrighted material included -

almost all sites make sure it is not allowed to share the artwork they give away -

this is from the site you noted above

Q: What am I NOT allowed to do with items downloaded from this site?

A: You are not allowed to resell, repackage, share, give away, or redistribute 
our products in  any way, for free or sale. For instance, taking a skull, 
recoloring it red, and uploading it to your website for your visitors to 
download the original vector form, or even a high resolution image, is 
prohibited. Basically you are not allowed to make available the original 
source files.

oh ok.... wow good to know but even tho anyone can go to their site and get them we still cant share the site? but can we still have a "Share your vector file as long as it passes as legal to do so?

problem is you are not sharing "Your" vector files  - most of the ones shared have come from other sites with the restrictions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

problem is you are not sharing "Your" vector files  - most of the ones shared have come from other sites with the restrictions

Now im talking about personally created or things that would be allowed as sharable , if not its ok , i just thought it was a good idea at the time lol..

PS this has been pinned at the top of the graphics request for years

36 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

PS this has been pinned at the top of the graphics request for years

ahhh oh ok.. i know some people still dont know about it and others etc.. But thanks for the awesome info buddy

NP - we have had times in the past where the owner of the artwork (some offered free to bring people to their site) has asked us to take down the images so we have dealt with it before - very few people post artwork that they have created themselves and actually own the rights to - usually it is gotten from another site or even traced an image they found and do not own.   generally we do not go hunting and checking images but if it is blatant or obvious - once brought to our attention it has to be taken down.  We actually find quite a few old post with cw stuff when people like it or comment on the long forgotten images.  the person posing the images they did not create would be responsible but if we see it any actual files posted has to be taken off of usc server.  Usually those free vectors are to draw traffic to a site and that is whey the owners post them and have the restrictions