SurberSigns

My MH cutter not recognizing USB

Good morning. Yesterday when I was cutting vinyl my job would not cut, I was getting a USB could not be recognized on my laptop. Its done this times in the past and I kind of fooled with it and it ended up working, after restarting the machine, canceling the pending print etc. But now its to the point where Iv tried everything and its not sending the job to my cutter...

I called UScutter support and they pretty much told me they can't do anything for me... because Im using sign blazer elements still. Iv gotten comfortable with the program and never had a problem with it.. so they are useless help.

What do you think the problem could be? I tried another USB cord and its doing the same thing... When the error message does not come on I thought it would work, I send the job to the cutter and nothing ends up happening. My printer icon on my laptop just says pending...

I'm using a old windows laptop. Do you think the USB ports are just failing? Is it the USB cord? Or do I need to download a new program? UScutter told me it was probably my mother board going out too..

I would sign up the the free trial on SignCut Pro and see if you can get it working through that program. Then you will know if you have a working route to the cutter.  I know once you get used to something it's like an old pair of sneakers and hard to change out of. Sign Blazer is so old it's getting on the cusp of being compatible.  Basically if you plan on long term cutting for years to come you might want to consider stepping up your game. 

Hi.

The post you made offers some clues as to how to troubleshoot this.

1. Download and install the Hybrid version of SignBlazer, found HERE ------> http://download.uscutter.com/SBEforUSCutterSetup.exe

2. You are not PRINTING, so there is no reason for a "printer icon" to have any value.

3. In your Device Manager, the USB port in use should be configured less than #5.

4. Can you borrow another laptop from a friend and see if that functions? (perhaps your laptop USB port output is indeed having issues)

5. The actual USB Port on the cutter itself might have failed. I had once tripped over the USB cable and broke the soldered connections on the USB card. That part was available as a replacement from USCUTTER, but I don't see it listed anymore on their website, unfortunately.

I don't think it would be sign blazer. because right now is the second day the usb says it malfunctioned and cannot be recognized. i used another USB cord for a microphone its the same size and gives me the same error message. so its either my laptop usb port or the us cutter port. The usb that goes into the side of the cutter it looks like it sags a little i can hold it up some with my finger when its plugged in but its always been like that. I'm going to find a flash drive and plug it into the same port and see if its my laptop.

update: i plugged a flash drive into the 001 port i normally use for the cutter usb. nothing happened. it didn't say it successfully came up or anything, i plugged it into the other one 003 i believe and it said this device is properly working. i just didn't see a folder that popped up so I can drag files to but it said it was working. on sign blazer i only have options for USB port 001 and 002 not 003.

but either way when i plug the us cutter USB into the port that recognized the port with my flash drive it still says usb not recognized...

SignCut Pro 1 is mac AND PC compatible. Seems like the MH may not be mac compatible. You can try SignCut Pro free for a week to find out. It is strictly a cutting program. <they may have a new version out with some design capabilities but Pro 1 is cut only other than very basic text input> 

If you try it please post your results for future searchers. Inquiring minds want to know.

Pretty sure on the web page for the MH cutters it states they are not mac compatible.

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Pretty sure on the web page for the MH cutters it states they are not mac compatible.

That's why I really hoe we get some real world feedback. It would be nice to know if it's true or if there is a work around. 

Go-C no commission but those guys treated me so awesome that I have been a big proponent ever since. 

• Like 1

Do you think re installing the drivers on my laptop for sign blazer would do anything? I'm trying to find me another windows computer but i can't find anyone who can lend me one.