Dvillasmil

Transfer tape for non proffesionals

Hello everybody,

i use paper tape in my shop for custom signs and it curls around the corners a lot. I don't care as most of my customers don't get to see the inside of my store. Either they pick up or i deliver final signs. 

I have a customer that wants me to ship some signs for a window that he will install himself. 

I dont fill comfortable sending the signs with the paper i use. 

What would be. A good clear transfer paper that will not curl for this specific use?

thanks,

D. 

I have had trouble with consistency of material with clear transfer tape- I have used AT60 and AT65- The AT 60 sits in the corner - maybe a bad roll.

I have been using Rtape 4075 for seven years - never had a problem. For curling- try masking - squeegee firmly, then cut. an inch or to inside from the edge. that may help.

I too use the 4075 tape, USCutter is also offering some new stuff called TransferRight. I tried out the 592U Hight Tack this last time and have been happy with the results. I like a good high tack and this stuff is definitely HIGH tack. Stays down on the backing too. 

4076 rla here - it is made to adher to the release liner better.   clear tape is never a good idea - clear is used by people at flea markets that don't want to display an applied decal - paper tape like 4075 and 4076rla adheres better and also will stretch some when applied to slightly curved area - clear doesn't stretch at all Just my personal opinion

• Like 3

Thanks everybody for your prompt response. I gues 4075 it is!  

I will give it a try for this job. Hopefully it doesn't curl. 

On 7/25/2016 at 0:55 AM, Dvillasmil said:

Thanks everybody for your prompt response. I gues 4075 it is!  

I will give it a try for this job. Hopefully it doesn't curl. 

I sell a few decals that I ship just roll them tape side out find the natural curve of the decal and roll that direction it will minimize the lift. For what it's worth any tape will lift a bit from the backing when you ship it. Some of the ones listed above will lift less.