cjs

McCormick Farmall font

Would anyone know what fonts are close to the McCormick Farmall logo from the 60's?  Had a last minute request to make up a sign for a friends tractor they just finished restoring and are taking to its first show this week.

Thanks

While we commend your interest in assisting your friend, we're going to have to request more information about this "logo" as mentioned.

964b7c5a0cded43342137d5407a67a2e.jpg

That's the font I am looking for, just the text not the ih logo

I recently did some glasses for a friend with the Farmall.  My notes said *Blubalin Graph Demi & cleaned up*

I think I found the IH on botw

Hope this helps,

Cal

I cannot seem to post pics since the change up.  This pic (that I tried to post) was resized to 89kb.  All I get is a pop up telling me the pic size is limited to 1003.52kb.

14 minutes ago, clhyer said:

I cannot seem to post pics since the change up.  This pic (that I tried to post) was resized to 89kb.  All I get is a pop up telling me the pic size is limited to 1003.52kb.

It's just you Cal. You're kind of a loose canon so they're keeping a tight reign on you.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

I recently did some glasses for a friend with the Farmall.  My notes said *Blubalin Graph Demi & cleaned up*.

Hmmm, nothing found on Google on "Blubalin", there is a "lubalin" font but it is not even close....

Went to my fonts library and looked.  It is listed as B Lubalin Graph Demi.

It is large block letters with serifs.  It was easy to remove the serifs and left me with a close approximation of the lettering.

Resized pic to 48 kb...

IMG_1024.jpg

• Like 1

Noveo Sans Black is pretty close to Farmall, the middle line of the F is a tad to long, and the legs of the L need to be a little longer, but the A, R, and M look pretty good.

Objektiv MK3 Black is a pretty close match to McCormick although the M and C will need work.

LUBALIN ?  That's a Serif font.

I don't see why Franklin Gothic Bold (installed font within SignBlazer) can't be used.

(You have to realize FARMALL "M" has a pointed bottom middle, not squared-off flat, so that would have to be node-edited)

Slice, I did a search on Identi-font without any good hits.  Therefore, *you run what you brung*, I looked through my font library to find something I could use (I do not have SB).  I do not think it took more than 15-20 minutes for me to shed the serifs and get it presentable.

Cal