Sign in to follow this  
tshirtman22

Need a little assistance SC Cutter

I have a few questions. Just purchased a SC Cutter to do contour cutting or I thought.  Here is my question/request for assistance.

After I print out my design on Jet Pro Stretch paper from my inkjet printer, how do I get the print out to the SC cutter to cut out the outline? Any help/videos would be appreciated.

Thank you

What level of Vinyl Master are you using? 

Do you have any of the file Vectored? DO you understand what that means? 

At the end of the day you will need a line for your cutter to cut. If you are running a version of Vinyl Master that does this (some lower tier levels may not have this feature) You would go to File>Contour Cutting>Create Cut Contour (or Contour Cut Wizard within the same file path). 

Just an FYI contour cutting with a manual machine like the SC will only yield so-so results so don't expect perfect registration. I recommend leaving a decent amount of safe zone around the edges because you are going to have to manually line up the cutter to the marks and there will be a margin of error. True contour cut machines have optical eye systems that will actually read the marks and get the alignment spot on. 

Yes,thank you for your help. I do know what vectored means. I am learning a lot by just reading too. I have Vinyl MasterCut 4.0

4 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

What level of Vinyl Master are you using? 

Do you have any of the file Vectored? DO you understand what that means? 

At the end of the day you will need a line for your cutter to cut. If you are running a version of Vinyl Master that does this (some lower tier levels may not have this feature) You would go to File>Contour Cutting>Create Cut Contour (or Contour Cut Wizard within the same file path). 

Just an FYI contour cutting with a manual machine like the SC will only yield so-so results so don't expect perfect registration. I recommend leaving a decent amount of safe zone around the edges because you are going to have to manually line up the cutter to the marks and there will be a margin of error. True contour cut machines have optical eye systems that will actually read the marks and get the alignment spot on. 

Thank you, will watch here shortly.

4 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

You may find this lesson helpful:

Contour Cutting using Ultra Marks

Yes, it is clear but still shows a white box sometimes. I would rather just press the image etc.. I am more worried about the opague paper vice jpss. Thank you once again.

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

jpss I never even cut it - 3g opague I did but the carrier on jpss is clear

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this