Grafix 1

Titan 3 Contour cutting with Flexi 12

Can anyone give me any tips or settings for contour cutting with a Titan 3 with Flexi. The calibration cuts are perfect in VinylMaster, but the cutter wont recognize the marks in Flexi. After it tries to find the first one it runs the material off the machine, and the rollers run continuously. It won't pause, if you reset it, it just starts running again. I have even un plugged it and it started running again. The only way I have gotten it to stop was to turn off the computer. I feel it's a problem with Flexi, but cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have been able to use my TITAN 3 68" arms system with flexi.  I have it connected by USB cable.  Underrated manufacturer named, select titan.  Make the contour cut but not the marks in flexi. Let the production manager put the registration marks. On the far right tab you should have arms plus contour marks.  It's the only option there.   I'm not sitting in front of my computer.  But you also have to go into production manager and change the middle registration marks to occur every 50 inches.  The biggest you can set them.  They only print as straight lines instead of T marks.  So when the plotter reaches there, it tries to find them and wont, then you will get message pop up saying unable to find mark, select yes.  It will go back to prior mark Re read and then skip middle mark.

Go to YouTube and search Bob & Tom's Graphics contour cut and you will see my setup cutting and then me weeding it.  I will make a video of what steps I have taken.  It works great for me.

Thanks, a video would be great. I know of several people having the same issues. I'll give it a try and see if I can get it to work. Thanks again. 

I tried to do it as you said, still won't work. As soon as I hit send it tells me to align marks etc.. As soon as I hit start it immediately says cannot detect mark, before it even tries to move. Any suggestions.  I tried using it in Vinylmaster and it works perfectly. I' m just not to familiar with Vinalmaster and prefer using Flexi. Thanks in advance.

Hey graphix, did you every figure out anything about your issue?  I had everything set up perfectly before, but my computer screwed the pouch and on the new computer I'm getting the same "cannot detect mark" error.

No, Milego. I have tried and cannot get it to work with Flexi. I wish I could get it figured out, just have a big boat anchor sitting here. Starting to regret ever seeing it.

Just wondering which driver are you using in Flexi.?   Have you tried the Saga drivers?   That is the real brand name..  Titan is just a rebranded name for UScutter..

Hey did y'all ever get this figured out.  I'm having the same problems

9 minutes ago, LFG said:

Hey did y'all ever get this figured out.  I'm having the same problems

which version of flexi do you have?

Thought under that verson it was added under uscutter plotters .  in earlier versions they used the saga drivers but not sure which one for the titan3 to work with optical registration

I am using a private labeled version of flexi 12 and it only shows the titan2 series = might have to contact support at uscutter or SAI monday.  I am fairly sure it will cut with the titan2 drivers but not sure on the auto registration for contour cutting

The titan3 has it's on set up for the arms but when I try to detect registration marks it says can not detect.  Gives a yes/no check mark but you can only click no and it scans the first mark 1-2 times and goes to try and contour cut the image but of course it is way off.  

Yea I have tried all that and still nada,  I'm just gonna have to call support back again, maybe round 2 I can get somewhere.  

I hope so been very stressful dealing with this,  I will hopefully have a good update to post on this.  Thanks for your help

• Like 1

I contacted flexi and we went thru and got everything working.  Had to change USB ports from usb2 to printer zero.  I do know that every time i did anything one note would try and open up.  Once we got that taken care of it worked like it should.  Not sure if one note was the problem the whole time or not. But all registration marks are being read like they should be.  Hope this can help anyone else having the cant detect marks problem

thanks for letting us know - it very well could help someone else in the future!

• Like 1