Just my own opinion but the new look is terrible and so is the usability of it.. ...But im only one person...  

• Like 1

change is always difficult - hoping for a color change myself but at least the problems we had can be fixed now

We will see. I know change is different but the overall setup is not to good to me.. I liked the old layout, they cant keep the old style and just fix the issues there was  or does it all have to be messed with?

1 minute ago, Primal Decals said:

We will see. I know change is different but the overall setup is not to good to me.. I liked the old layout, they cant keep the old style and just fix the issues there was  or does it all have to be messed with?

the old forum software was so old that google blacklisted it causing all the warnings about an unsafe site - it was a must do to change it - then usc had to also go to the expense and time to update the server, server software and another software to be compatible with the current version - so quite a bit of time and resources have gone into keeping he forum going and fixing the issues.   what I learned is once google blacklist a site it affects chrome, firefox, safari and avast among other things - a lot of people use that same list

Ya  i got that blacklist thing the other day and all i did was click its a safe site and sent a notice to google and firefox and my issue was fixed after that. was working perfect after sending the notice to them...

anyone new coming to the site it still shows it is a deceptive site with the warning - hard to get people to come to the site that way so it had to be updated and fixed.  I have been using IE that I don't like to get around it and still keep track of when it is fixed or not on chrome

• Like 1

Ya i understand that. we dont need people thinking bad things when they first come across the forum and its screaming at them WARNING UNSAFE SITE  lol......

We just need to warn them about the Californians.......Bwaahaaahaa Just kidding Dwayne! 

• Like 1

The new look will take some getting use to. The thing I don't like is it changed me from Dawn's Design to liljohn1368

7 minutes ago, liljohn1368 said:

The new look will take some getting use to. The thing I don't like is it changed me from Dawn's Design to liljohn1368

it appears to have reverted all of us to our original sign in name when we first got on the forum - I just changed yours -- and if like mine you will sign in next time as user  Dawn's Design

Thanks for staying with us guys. We very much appreciate all of your support of this community.

The last week has seen us upgrade every aspect of this forum and put it in a very good place moving forward. All of our back-end architecture and standards have been upgraded (PHP, MySQL, Server Resources, Hosting, Forum Software) to put us in the best position to continue to provide a fast, stable platform for this community. The issues we have been experiencing not only in the last week, but in the last year regarding downtime, slowness, and general issues are all behind us.

We were able to do this without losing a single post or account, which was why the process took so long, not to mention Google taking about 72 hours to rescan this forum. Data standards have changed quite a bit since this board began and the sheer volume of data put on these forums over the last 8 years made the conversion process very cumbersome.

I know that our marketing team has a lot in store for the look/feel and user experience of this forum moving forward. We are getting used to this new layout just as you are and appreciate any feedback or comments you have. I will be checking this threat routinely to make the forums the best place for YOU! 

If you see odd things, bugs, tweaks, changes or just general comments that you want to make - feel free to drop them in this thread or send me a message. Screenshots work best if you are able to capture those.

Thanks again guys for being the awesome community you are and holding on as we put this forum in the best place moving forward.

Dakota is absolutely correct in that names have reverted. In the change from IPBoard3x to IPBoard4x I had to make the decision either to retain displaynames or usernames. I chose to retain usernames. You can change your Display Name within the account settings portion of the website.

I've attached a few screenshots to show the quick and easy process. 

Forum1.png

forum2.png

12 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

it appears to have reverted all of us to our original sign in name when we first got on the forum - I just changed yours -- and if like mine you will sign in next time as user  Dawn's Design

Thanks Scott.

Not sure why, but the posting by Tom literally goes off the right edge of the screen instead of the text being constrained within the parameters of the (light blue) margins.

2 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Not sure why, but the posting by Tom literally goes off the right edge of the screen instead of the text being constrained within the parameters of the (light blue) margins.

I'm actually seeing that as well - I believe it's due to the fact I imbedeed the photo's as opposed to attaching them. The resolution where I took the screenshot was pretty massive. 

OK, but I was referring to your first posting prior to the one with the illustrations of username changes.

Also, I wanted to disable the Firefox WebPush notifications (upper left corner). The method for doing so is somewhat convoluted, and you might want to present those steps in a "sticky" posting for everyone who desires to stop that feature from popping-up constantly.

2 hours ago, Tom@USCutter said:

I know that our marketing team has a lot in store for the look/feel and user experience of this forum moving forward. We are getting used to this new layout just as you are and appreciate any feedback or comments you have. I will be checking this threat routinely to make the forums the best place for YOU! 

If you see odd things, bugs, tweaks, changes or just general comments that you want to make - feel free to drop them in this thread or send me a message. Screenshots work best if you are able to capture those.

Thanks again guys for being the awesome community you are and holding on as we put this forum in the best place moving forward.

anyone elses spidie senses tingling a little?

Hello All-

Like most companies, USCutter usually likes to schedule a project, create specifications, get input, etc. and then bring in the right resources to do the work when we create new user community systems.   Unfortunately, in this case, new search engine protocols forced our hand. Our old forum was blacklisted by Google and we were forced to move to a new platform in a hurry.

It was bigger than just upgrading a piece of software - getting the forum back up and running required the implementation of a whole new platform and movement  of an incredible amount of data in a short amount of time.  A major effort that was time consuming, expensive and pretty much done using resources that had already been assigned to other projects.  It required a pretty heroic effort on the part of our IT folks to move as fast as they did.

At this point, we have the new platform up and running, but there is still much tweaking to do.  Since we didn't plan for this effort and our IT people were working on other projects when this emergency occurred, it will likely take a few weeks for us to get this forum up to optimal speed.  

We're sorry that this happened, appreciate your patience while we did the work, and appreciate your feedback as we make this better.

• Like 2

it always takes awhile to get used to something new.....says a man with 4 ex wives.

• Like 2

So, how do we get our avatars to fit without the edges being being cut off?

Will the square format return?

Sue2

One little thing I have noticed is that the like's button is not recognizing who is liking things. Not a big deal but it generates a notification even when you like something in a thread. Kind of nice to know who likes what too. 

• Like 2

Just got back to the home office and was able to successfully log in with Safari so that seems settled. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

We just need to warn them about the Californians.......Bwaahaaahaa Just kidding Dwayne! 

Lol... needed a good laugh. Who says im from California ? Wildgoose can you not stand in front of your window, i cant see the T.V. :ph34r: lol jkn..

• Like 1