Looks ok to me. Never going to make everyone happy. Some people are only happy when they have something to belly ache about. 

• Like 2

We did some of the modifications today. We aren't finished yet. :)

We're monitoring this and we'll do what we can.

- John

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JohnatUSCutter said:

We did some of the modifications today. We aren't finished yet. :)

We're monitoring this and we'll do what we can.

- John

maybe make it a slight darker green like the rest .

• Like 1

Rave Green is - love it or hate it - the new signature color for USCutter.  It's also the jersey color for the Seattle Sounders and the "highlight color" used by the Seahawks.  it's not used at all by the Mariners, which solidified the color choice.  

It's supposed to evoke peace, growth, trust and living in harmony with the environment.  

5-17-emotion.png

But seriously, we're still playing around with colors.  Give us some time

how about a burgundy - something soothing easy on the eyes -  I would say something about lions blue but the lions haven't been a serious team for a while lol  and lord don't use that OSU red - ewwwww

seriously the darker green is easier on the eyes than the bright green - but any way you go there will be people that love it or hate it.  maybe it will grow on us over time ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

how about a burgundy - something soothing easy on the eyes -  I would say something about lions blue but the lions haven't been a serious teem for a while lol  and lord don't use that OSU red - ewwwww

seriously the darker green is easier on the eyes than the bright green - but any way you go there will be people that love it or hate it.  maybe it will grow on us over time ;)

im with you Dakota on burgandy .. but any color than a bright in your eyes look...

4 hours ago, KYSIGN said:

Is my phone broken or did the color change to puke green? 

Oh, good, I thought it was just me.......................

green.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnatUSCutter said:

Rave Green is - love it or hate it - the new signature color for USCutter.  It's also the jersey color for the Seattle Sounders and the "highlight color" used by the Seahawks.  it's not used at all by the Mariners, which solidified the color choice.  

It's supposed to evoke peace, growth, trust and living in harmony with the environment.  

5-17-emotion.png

But seriously, we're still playing around with colors.  Give us some time

BLUE is for TRUST & STRENGTH

PURPLE is for CREATIVE & WISE......

So you all chose green....why?

Trying to understand

Sue2

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

So you all chose green....why?

Trying to understand

Sue2

Well, they obviously went with the color green to match the uscutter.com webpage.

uscutterwebpageimage.jpg

Whatever you DON'T use RED the last red intro page didn't work well...lol

• Like 4

One thing I'd suggest altering, the USCutter logo at the top, rather than have the link take you to the forum home page, I'd have it take you to the USCutter web page. I never understood why so many company forums don't have links back to their main webpage.

To answer the question from Sue, we did some testing and purple seemed to invoke a negative amongst men. Since they run a lot of sign shops out there, their opinions are important.  Frankly, it's an odd color anyway - it really doesn't work well with a lot of colors out there.

Blue has some nice qualities, but there's a lot of it in use out there - most notably from HP which is a major vendor of ours.  We played with it, but ultimately just decided it wasn't something that worked for us.

We also played with yellow and orange a bit, but a lot of yellow and orange on a screen really gets too bright. It works well in print but not as well on a backlit screen and it plays havoc with your sense of other colors around it.

Green said a lot of things we liked.  We think that purchasing on the web shouldn't be a stressful experience (peace) but the green also had some energy that was "green" energy - it catches the eye but doesn't offend it the way that red can.   It worked well on screen with a wide swatch of the color palette which is important as we carry so many colors of vinyl, etc.

Anyway, as I said, more to come in the way of changes.  We've ran into some coding issues here and there that we are cleaning up, so it will appear like less is happening than really is.  (So much of putting something like this together is about structure.)

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 6:19 AM, darcshadow said:

How did you do it in the old forum?

I do agree the unread content is a bit bulky. I also have not yet found a way to go to the first unread post. The links either take you to the first post of the topic, or the last post. :(

The Green dot next to the thread title will take you to latest post in thread.

Oh ok Wildgoose , now i see where it is... thank you for the clarification on locating that ,,,Awesome. 

So to everyone else , You have  to Click on Unread Content.

Then you will see  the green dot showing what you havent read yet..