Ok ,Ill admit after a few times on the forum and the look changed around ,im starting to like it a little better...;D

• Like 1

Ha ha! Maybe your more north than that? Just going off your sig. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Ok ,Ill admit after a few times on the forum and the look changed around ,im starting to like it a little better...;D

Not me, not so far anyway... But this is the first time I've been able to use the new forum. Absolutely didn't work at all yesterday and today. I finally did an upgrade on avast anti-virus and now tonight it works. Don't know if something at the server changed or it was just avast, but now I can see and work with the forum. I'm just not too fond of what I'm seeing... Too difficult to just get the latest posts like the old forum. Maybe I'll get used to it??? But thank goodness it now works!!!

2 minutes ago, BearlyRich said:

Not me, not so far anyway... But this is the first time I've been able to use the new forum. Absolutely didn't work at all yesterday and today. I finally did an upgrade on avast anti-virus and now tonight it works. Don't know if something at the server changed or it was just avast, but now I can see and work with the forum. I'm just not too fond of what I'm seeing... Too difficult to just get the latest posts like the old forum. Maybe I'll get used to it??? But thank goodness it now works!!!

just click the unread content button a little under your name at the top to get the new stuff

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

just click the unread content button a little under your name at the top to get the new stuff

I never used the unread content option in the old forum. I like to see threads I've already read. Sometimes I want to re-read them or forget what they were about. I don't like seeing the list of all the posts in every thread. Too much to read through. It should just list the thread and when the latest post was done...

35 minutes ago, BearlyRich said:

I never used the unread content option in the old forum. I like to see threads I've already read. Sometimes I want to re-read them or forget what they were about. I don't like seeing the list of all the posts in every thread. Too much to read through. It should just list the thread and when the latest post was done...

umm like clicking on your profile on the top right and clicking on the my activity button - - - am I getting closer?

or at the top left - click on the activity button - and in there it shows the new post and the last thing posted in each?

Yep, I have set my default activity and do that. Unfortunately, it shows a list of all posts, not just the topics with the latest post so there's just too much to scroll through. For instance, there's two lines for your two replies in this thread. The old forum would just show the single topic with the latest post.

And is there any way to change the notifications? I had to set them but not knowing, I think I'd like to change a coule. I can't find any way to change them now that they're set?

Never mind, I found where and how to change the notifications . Okay, no emoticons...

8 hours ago, BearlyRich said:

How did you do it in the old forum?

I do agree the unread content is a bit bulky. I also have not yet found a way to go to the first unread post. The links either take you to the first post of the topic, or the last post. :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I think he is between the redwoods and rice a roni capitol - 

Redding ,ca. to be exact. 2 hours north of Sac.

Is there anyway to get notifications unlocked for us so we know when we get a private message ? It currently says its locked by Admin, And i thought we used to be able to add people as friends on here ? If so i dont see that either... i only see follow , Thank you ..

I'm going to defer to Tom the admin after he gets caught up on all the things that were put on hold for a week when our emergency took over - we are at least functional now

TMI (Too Much Information) can we stop the overload of info?

Do we really need to know:

"Rosie joined the Community"

"Peter Pan liked a post in..."

"Bozo is following..."

Otherwise...it's looking good...even if our avatars are clipped.

Sue2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

TMI (Too Much Information) can we stop the overload of info?

Do we really need to know:

"Rosie joined the Community"

"Peter Pan liked a post in..."

"Bozo is following..."

Otherwise...it's looking good...even if our avatars are clipped.

Sue2

It would be nice to select what we want to follow or who cares so and so is following this person,( i noticed that when i started following a new person, it said everyone will know im following a member? .) but if i remember correctly we were able to add people as friends i thought and i dont see that anymore unless im confused lol..

5 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

It would be nice to select what we want to follow or who cares so and so is following this person,( i noticed that when i started following a new person, it said everyone will know im following a member? .) but if i remember correctly we were able to add people as friends i thought and i dont see that anymore unless im confused lol..

The friends functionality has been replaced by following in the move from IPBoard3x to IPBoard4x. 

On 7/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, Primal Decals said:

Is there anyway to get notifications unlocked for us so we know when we get a private message ? It currently says its locked by Admin, And i thought we used to be able to add people as friends on here ? If so i dont see that either... i only see follow , Thank you ..

I've just gone ahead and unlocked every notification, as well as set this to be toggled by the User.

You should be able to toggle on/off whatever notifications you would like within the Account Settings area. There is also a specific "Managed Followed Content" Section where you can control who and what you follow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom@USCutter said:

The friends functionality has been replaced by following in the move from IPBoard3x to IPBoard4x. 

Thats a bummer actually ..i really liked the other way..

:lol: Friends is friends!

Following sounds like stalking...sinister.....

Stalker.jpg

• Like 1

wow, now to a even worst software than before.. Invision Power....  Should have just stayed on GoDaddy and just update the software..

3 hours ago, wickedstangs said:

wow, now to a even worst software than before.. Invision Power....  Should have just stayed on GoDaddy and just update the software..

we have been using inversion power for years - and google adding the older software to the black list made it necessary to update to the newest version as you had stated

curious why you find it worse?  personally I am enjoying not having the issues we had with the last version even before google forced usc hand  - 

PS when was the site hosted on godaddy??

• Like 1

Now that ive been liking the new look,usability etc .I really like the site a lot ..Not a issue at all like before ( Knock on Wood) lol.. But i still dont like the follow a member thing, I really wish they would bring back add as friend etc..It made it more simple to write a friend than having to go to online users section and then search or look up someone..... I hope others agree on this....

Edited by Primal Decals

Only thing I don't link is no longer having the ability to jump to the first unread post of a subject.