Dakotagrafx

forum experiencing some issues with google chrome

several of us with chrome are getting the red screen warning about phishing - USC tech support has been notified.  I know they implemented the new support page today and that they plan on updating the forum software in the near future.  not sure what the cause of the current issue is but they have been notified and please be patient as updates will be happening for a bit

• Like 1

yeah and I was premature on stating it was fixed - they said it could be a couple of month before everything is updated but with more resources - more server space, updated software by fall it may be better than the past few months

Update - the planned update to the forum software has to be implemented earlier than planned as our older version is causing the issue with chrome and firefox - this is going to be happening within a few hours if all goes as planned - there will be changes to get used to as with any updates to software - hold on for the ride and we will get thru it together and figure out the new software

• Like 1

Can't wait to see what the new interface will be like. I know everyone just loves to change but it was inevitable, with progress comes a little pain or at least painful re-learning. 

• Like 2

Hey All,

Just a quick update : the notices that are being flagged are mostly due to the change in our support.uscutter.com page and the link backs that have occurred over the years in this platform. I can assure everyone here there is no malware, or phishing going on within this forum.

We are currently backing up all of the data that has accumulated over the years and once that has been completed, we will be moving to the latest version of Invision Power Services forum software.

Thank you all for your patience!

• Like 3

OK, all one needs to do is dismiss the warning page by indicating it's all right to continue (and send a report indicating it's not a phish site).

Also, bear in mind that the FORUM link is not working from the USCUTTER main page header.

It leads to the new SUPPORT page, not to here (and that new support page doesn't yet feature a link to the Forums)

• Like 1

They are working on it Slice. I think there is a lot of action behind the scenes as they transfer things over so we will just have to be patient and let them do it.  Sort of like road work. (which I happen to do). You have to suffer with construction to get a new road. 

• Like 2

Interestingly (and just for comparison) I have the warning page every time I refresh a page or change to any page with Safari browser but Chrome just the one time coming in. 

• Like 1

Im using chrome and I get a warning everytime I refresh or click on any link inside the forum.

Can't wait to see the changes!

Greetings and Hello! This site very safe - much secure!

If you have concerns about safety and security, please send an email with your full name, address, birthday, bank account info, mother's maiden name and the three digit number on the back of your debit card.

To be sure it really you, please also provide the model of your first car, the name of your first pet and your father's middle name.

Send your email to Nigerian-Prince@NotAFakeEmail.com

• Like 3

Hey All,

Just a quick update : the notices that are being flagged are mostly due to the change in our support.uscutter.com page and the link backs that have occurred over the years in this platform. I can assure everyone here there is no malware, or phishing going on within this forum.

We are currently backing up all of the data that has accumulated over the years and once that has been completed, we will be moving to the latest version of Invision Power Services forum software.

Thank you all for your patience!

must be a big back up!

Yup I got it too with Firefox.  I sent a report saying everyting is okay with this site.

I decided to visit using a virtual operating system until the issue is resolved. 

I have been getting a warning for months using the Opera browser. It could be for a different problem this time.

This may not work... I'm having no problems with the latest FireFox, but Avast anti-virus is going nuts now. Looks like there's problems with some of the javascript and php as I'm not seeing most avatars, no smileys and various other things missing...

Would be nice if this did get fixed...

Wow! I'm not going to try editing that post just in case. It did post (obviously), but the page refresh gave me over 20 warnings and blocked threats and a screen full of odd characters. When I manaually refreshed the page, more warnings but I could at least read the page. What fun...

I've been using Google Chrome and couldn't get on the forum. I switched to Edge(Win 10) and got right in. I'll keep using Edge until the forum gets back to normal.

I'm using IE on this government computer, and yesterday I was getting the government page about it being a potentially bad site. I hit refresh and it would come back. Going through the forums, it did it again, but I hit refresh and it kept coming back.

Just FYI in case you guys missed it. The forum server or interface (not sure the correct technical terms) is being changed. The old one we have been using is old enough that it's not supported anymore and I believe that is the catalyst for the change and the reason all the warning pages are coming up. The whole forum interface will be new when we get through the process so "back to normal" will not exactly be the case. Back to New will be the deal. The New will also take care of the compatibility issues that are throwing the errors and warnings up so they should go out with the bathwater. 

• Like 1

Patience is a virtue......

I don't feel very virtuous right now.

I am only able to get on through MSN...Chrome still showing red page.

Sue2

Patience is a virtue......

I don't feel very virtuous right now.

I am only able to get on through MSN...Chrome still showing red page.

Sue2

I understand as I hate ie - but I remember when we lost all that old knowledge on the last update and couldn't search any of that stuff - it was like starting from scratch - hoping not to have that again. if it takes a couple extra days it would be worth not losing all that past knowledge base

• Like 1

For the love go god, please do not upgrade the forums to any vB products... Stay on IP or go with Xf