I'll be cutting up a storm then all of a sudden when the blade gets close to the edge, the vinyl will bunch up. I don't think I have my rollers in the right position. I'm cutting HTV @ 400 with 90 pressure. 

slow it down, least blade possible and move rollers as close to the edge as possible

• Like 1

I have this exact problem. I have wasted so much product with this challenge. 

FWIW,  I have the cuttings set for slow cutting.  Can the rollers be moved off of the 3 underside marks towards the edge of the 14.75" vinyl?  

I am 

always have your rollers as close to the outside as possible - how are you setting your blade exposure - we have seen that many times as a problem along with people lowering pressure on the rollers to reduce the "marks"

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

I have the titan 2 and i run my pinch rollers dead center on each, never had to put them to the outer edge of the grit rollers,

Come on Primal.  You're sounding like a noobie. 

Dakota is talking about the outside of the vinyl.  

• Like 2

On 7/19/2016 at 0:52 PM, Lynnb said:

I have this exact problem. ...Can the rollers be moved off of the 3 underside marks towards the edge of the 14.75" vinyl?  

Some value cutters have the ability for the pinch-rollers (spring-loaded) to be positioned all along the width of the material ---  these "cheaper" machines do not have pre-set grit roller spots which are specifically located and require upper gripper rollers to be exactly placed over them.

However, I believe that all models from LP2 and up have the pre-set lower grit positions, and you are required to match the upper rollers to those points.

Higher end cutters like the pictured Graphtec have the ability through using an adjustable position RH pinch roller to cover any width of vinyl. The left side on the vinyl is positioned to the corresponding LH position and the RH side is adjusted to the right width within the 6"-8" free floating zone. On smaller strips both rollers are on the RH wide area with the LH one being at the left edge and the RH one moving within that area to accommodate all the variables possible.  

Pinch Rollers.png

• Like 1

Rollers to the end and correct blade height this will fix you issue. Most likely the vinyl is curling and getting nabbed by the cutter - Once you correct this you can turn the speed up as high as you want but don't turn it past the point of accuracy. 

Listen to Dakota he knows what he's talking about. 

• Like 1