anamealreadyinuse

First Install, Advice Needed

I'm planning on installing this pressure sensitive 3mil gloss vinyl using the wet method.  Would you recommend a hinge method where I remove the entire backing and then fold over and work from the center out or should I start working from the rear of the boat towards the front and remove the backing as I go?

Any and all advice is welcome.  Pic attached of what I have to do.  14' length and 12 inches wide.  Thanks in advance

post-98632-0-04427700-1467398051_thumb.j

Is it 'air release'? You DON'T want to do wet, with air release.

thinking that is a good bet with all that tunneling . .  . or house brand vinyl they printed on

I was told it was pressure sensitive 3mil gloss vinyl and I could do wet but I'm not very familiar with those phrases, does that make sense?  Here is a pick of the backing and a close up of the vinyl...fyi there is a film on the graphic side I assume to protect it from scratches during install or maybe to help with creasing?

post-98632-0-60552900-1467423904_thumb.j

post-98632-0-52216100-1467423909_thumb.j

I was told it was pressure sensitive 3mil gloss vinyl and I could do wet but I'm not very familiar with those phrases, does that make sense?  Here is a pick of the backing and a close up of the vinyl...fyi there is a film on the graphic side I assume to protect it from scratches during install or maybe to help with creasing?

orajet makes at least 8 different digital print media and all from cast to calandered say that.  that tunneling sometimes happens when you roll the air release stuff

Install went well, there is definitely an art to it especially if you are earning a living on this and need to crank out a professional product in a timely manner.  Much respect to you guys doing this on a professional level.

Wet on Wet did the trick and adhered fine working with a squegee and taking my time.  It would have been a dismal failure if I'd not been able to pull up and re position.  

One question...how do you seal the edges?  

I took a heat gun to the bow point and was able to slightly mend the two pieces together and it seems like it really is stuck on good to the boat and also to the each piece.

Do I go over each edge with the heat gun carefully or is there another means to seal/protect the edges?  

post-98632-0-37197500-1467488257_thumb.j

post-98632-0-29802300-1467488258_thumb.j