teajunkie

us cutter TS series laser alignment issues

Im making some custom stickers for my wifes business on laser printed vinyl.

I have a us cutter tc series using scal4 but when i use print and cut it cut around an inch below the design?

I have tried manually adjusting the alignment to no avail :(

And when i try to move the laser dot to the second registration mark the cutter moves in random directions.

It's driving me insane and i think i may have to buy a cameo just to complete this one job.

Thanks for any advice and i notice i havent introduced myself so thats my next post :)

Paul.

EDIT: Changed TS to TC doh!  :blink:

Cutters without the actual optical eye are pretty sketch for contour cutting but I would think you could get much closer than 1 inch. I have never ran one but have read where most have better luck using the actual blade tip as a reference rather than the laser (seems silly I know). Try that. The other thing you might try is downloading the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro and try it out. They have similar manual contour cutting tools and are a better all-around cutting utility. You will want to save your file as and SVG to cut from SignCut. They also like native AI version 8 files and possibly other formats. At least if it won't work with SignCut they have live tech support and will get you sorted. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah I also recommend using a pen tool and some regular paper while you're experimenting so save on vinyl. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah I also recommend using a pen tool and some regular paper while you're experimenting so save on vinyl. 

I am doing this currently with a pen tip after failing so many times.

Yeah i tried using the blade point instead of the laser but the machine just moves in random directions whilst aligning the blade.. 

I have signcut pro somewhere i got with the machine but never installed it as i already had scal4.

I will try that tomorrow when i get back  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

us cutter ts series ?    Which cutter is that?  I have never seen a ts series cutter ever sold on UScutter.

• Like 1

If you can get the vinyl lined up straight, you could print a mark on the origin and set the origin to that mark on the plotter.

• Like 1

us cutter ts series ?    Which cutter is that?  I have never seen a ts series cutter ever sold on UScutter.

LOL Yeah it's a TC series  :blink:

For a TC series cutter if you are using USB, you cannot control the setup of contour cutting from the software.(Scalp).  Listen to the instructions..Only manual on the machine,then enter the numbers manually into the cutting software. They are showing Flexi software, but I would think Scalp would be the same way.You do not state how you are doing it. USB or serial connection.? 

Here is a video for contour cutting with a TC cutter with USB set up.    There are more videos on youtube for contour cutting with a TC cutter. 

Instructions for TC  vinyl cutter  serial connection  contour cutting, using software to interact