Sign in to follow this  
thehomemadeholidayshop

New Titan cutter need HTV help please

Hello! I have just switched over to a TITAN2 from a silhouette craft cutter.  I am having some problems learning the machine.  I believe I have figured out alignment and the pressure and speed seem to be okay but when I load the HTV it's bunching  a little and not cutting accurately.  Can anyone give any tips or suggestions on how to fix this? I am new to the boards and welcome any advice!!! Thank you very much!

Michelle

How did you set your blade depth?  And make sure the pinch rollers are directly over the grit rollers below...

I followed a tutorial for the blade depth and it seems to be okay it's easy to weed but not cutting the backing, i made sure the rollers are over 2  of the grit rollers.  I am using 12" HTV as I have it left over from the silhouette so I have 2 rollers on the ends under the bottom rollers and then i have the 3rd positioned in the middle maybe this is the problem should i only use the 2 rollers for 12"?

What tutorial did you use?    Several are incorrect..If you used a tutorial that says 1/2 credit card thickness, it is very wrong.    This is how to set your blade correctly.  And you should barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting  . You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

You would not need 3 pinch rollers for vinyl that small. 

Yes i did a paper test for the blade length so that it would only cut through one paper with no marks on the 2nd paper that is good correct? As i typed my response to you about the 3 rollers it clicked that it must be that!!! seems to have done the trick!!!! Thank you so much for the help in working it out!!!!

You are not cutting paper,, You have to check your blade depth against the vinyl you are cutting..  It only takes the very tip to cut vinyl.