Sign in to follow this  
DancingWillow

Question about cutting vinyl

We just purchased a Titan 2, after watching many, many you tube videos from Us Cutters and others because it came without instructions, we finally figured out how to make it work, well sort of, our question now is how to make the letters thicker? 

My husband has tried and tried and for the life of him cannot get it to cut the letters thick! I hope somebody with a lot of experience can help us :( 

We bought his machine to make custom vinyl orders and some people want the letters thick which we can't figure it out how to do it :(  I've attached a picture of the scripture we want to do, but my husband does not know how to make them thick on the computer :( The picture is from a vinyl I bought from another company that does vinyl stickers.

Thank you in advance! 

post-98537-0-71164200-1466136046_thumb.j

In your design program you either find thicker versions of the font or add some stoke then convert that stroke to curves so you can cut it.  Not a big deal once you learn it. You are probably either using Vinyl Master or Sure Cuts a lot and I don't run either of them so the specifics you'll have to figure out or someone may chime in. There will be some videos out there specific to your software too. 

Like WG said above...look for  "BOLD" versions of the font first.

If I have to, in CorelDraw I add stroke to the letters...then convert to curves, convert

to object and in wireframe view delete the inside lines & stuff....it takes time fiddling

around to get it all right.

BUT, you can only add so much around the text before it starts looking strange.

Easier to find another font that is bolder...there are plenty of them around for FREE!

Sue2

• Like 1