AmericanWarriorDecals

Making a decal from a picture...

So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.  I have a clean file in AI that should be easier to cut, but when I save it as an SVG and bring it over to SCALP3, all the details are lost and made more complicated looking.  IT looks nothing like it did.  Does anyone have any tips?

I was going to delete as much of the fine background details as possible later on. I was just playing with it now, if someone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'll just go into photoshop and remove a lot of the background details and retrace.  Thanks!

post-98081-0-37383000-1465974025_thumb.j

post-98081-0-46782000-1465974029_thumb.j

Looks the same to me just outlined rather than filled appearance. 

each one of those small shapes your going to need to weed and thats gonna to take a long time. maybe delete most of those smaller shapes and create larger shapes to mimic them.  

• Like 2

each one of those small shapes your going to need to weed and thats gonna to take a long time. maybe delete most of those smaller shapes and create larger shapes to mimic them.  

That was my intention, otherwise it would be a nightmare haha.

Looks the same to me just outlined rather than filled appearance. 

Pretty sure I was very tired when I posted that I believe you're right... ay yi yi.  Sleep drunk posting is not good.  I'll try it out in a bit.

• Like 2