cristyo

Vinyl Express R Series 2 -31 HELP PLEASE

I have a question and have searched high and low for the answer, tried nearly everything EXCEPT tomorrow I am heading to invest in a KEYSPAN adapter just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same issue and did the keyspan do the job? My cutter has been working OK, since I've gotten it, it is beyond frustrating. I have things due and it put a huge delay this passed weekend. It sends the item to get cut, moves and then goes offline and turns red etc. I have turned off firewall, turned off bluetooth, gotten driver, matched coms, switched coms etc, everything that is asked to do to allow communication. NOW it is not cutting at all, every single time that I send anything to cut it does the exact same thing moves, says it is cutting and it is not OR says "write port error" or "cannot find port". WILL the keyspan work? Is there something else I must do? Currently just using the USB it came with. 

I have a question and have searched high and low for the answer, tried nearly everything EXCEPT tomorrow I am heading to invest in a KEYSPAN adapter just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same issue and did the keyspan do the job? My cutter has been working OK, since I've gotten it, it is beyond frustrating. I have things due and it put a huge delay this passed weekend. It sends the item to get cut, moves and then goes offline and turns red etc. I have turned off firewall, turned off bluetooth, gotten driver, matched coms, switched coms etc, everything that is asked to do to allow communication. NOW it is not cutting at all, every single time that I send anything to cut it does the exact same thing moves, says it is cutting and it is not OR says "write port error" or "cannot find port". WILL the keyspan work? Is there something else I must do? Currently just using the USB it came with. 

ALL of the value cutters have a less than optimal usb to serial chipset built into them - (the built in usb is in actuality just going thru a cheap chipset to talk to the cutter thru serial connection.  Many people have resolved a lot of problems by going with the keyspan that has a much better chipset to do this conversion - just use the serial cable that came with your cutter with it and hope you have good luck.  the redsail cutter is the equivilent of the usc MH as far as a starter value cutter and with the right set up can do a decent job- just takes a lot more fiddling 

Same issue sends item to cutter says (Cutting... 7%) moves and then goes offline w/ red blinking! Com ports are matching...

Never used that Keyspan adapter- cable,

will this be the answer?

are all Keyspan adapter- cables from Walmart, Target etc. equal?

Thanks!!! =/

There is only 1 Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name..  Anything else your buying at Walmart etc. is pretty much like the cheap Chinese chipset, you already have on that cutter.   You never mentioned what cutting software you are using on which operating system.  Also it could be your file or other problems. 

Below is a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter,  find the best price. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-BEST-PRICE-/232409786828?hash=item361cb3e9cc:g:D3wAAOSwY4pZaTrN

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

There is only 1 Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name..  Anything else your buying at Walmart etc. is pretty much like the cheap Chinese chipset, you already have on that cutter.   You never mentioned what cutting software you are using on which operating system.  Also it could be your file or other problems. 

Below is a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter,  find the best price. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-BEST-PRICE-/232409786828?hash=item361cb3e9cc:g:D3wAAOSwY4pZaTrN

Alright thanks for the help! Will check it out... Im using the VE LXi Expert 12 on a Windows 7 Home Edition

Blessings!

PK

Your welcome,  keep in mind those cutters have very limited memory.  Reset your cutter or turn it off and back on before sending another file.  That way it will dump the data from the last order.  big files will be hard to cut.  Make sure you grounded the cutter to the stand it you have one, that will help with the static from the vinyl.   Plug your cutter cable into your computer when the computer is turned off, and. that will keep your com ports from jumping numbers and not matching anymore..  

• Like 1

You purchased the correct item.   You plug the USB  part of the Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter into your computer USB port,,  Then you connect the serial cable that came with your vinyl cutter to your Tripplite Keyspan Adapter,  Then connect the other end of the serial cable to your vinyl cutter. 

Vinyl Express R Series 2  - VE LXi Expert 12 on a Windows 7 Home Edition with Tripplite Keyspan Adapter and  9pin female/male serial cable....

Have matched with mostly all Com ports, when i send item to cutter goes from cutting... 7% until done, but doesnt cut anything?

Is there specific port and production manager settings needed or something else if missing:huh:

Thanks for any help!!!

So your driver installed correctly and the Tripplite showed up in your device manager,  with no yellow question marks beside it ?  Then match the com port#, of your device manager to the com port number in your setup in LXI

Is your serial cable a null modem cable?   Most value cutters need one with the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter  There is a difference.   There should be support for that cutter and your software at Signwarehouse. tech support. 

What speed are you trying to cut at? I recently had issues with incomplete jobs and emailed tech support, apparently anything below 600mm/s is setting yourself up for failure. 

The technician said, "The speed on the plotter should be a 600 mm/second at all times. This plotter has a very limited memory buffer. If the speed is not kept high, the buffer will not be cleared fast enough to prevent overflow, which results in lost packets of information and miscut graphics."

You might try this, if you're not already cutting at that speed. Also, at high speeds like that, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE that your material has enough slack or it will ruin the tracking, and if you have the ruler taped onto the front edge, I recommend putting a strip of tape along the edge so that the moving material edge doesn't catch, because that also posed an issue for me. 

Hope this helps! 

If you have a Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter, you don't need to run that fast.  The Keyspan Adapter controls the data being sent to your cutter and not overload the memory.  It has helped many members on this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If you have a Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter, you don't need to run that fast.  The Keyspan Adapter controls the data being sent to your cutter and not overload the memory.  It has helped many members on this forum. 

If I have to keep mine for much longer, I'll probably invest in one myself. I hate cutting that fast, it feels reckless. LOL