Sign in to follow this  
jimh_87

pressure washer

Hey all,

Just got a job doing one truck that may possably lead to the entire fleet of construction vehicles. Here is my problem. once the vehicles are returned to the yard they get their tanks topped off and then they are sent to a wash rack with a heated pressure washer (approx 4000psi) on a dialy basis.

Would like to know if anyone has any experience with this and could possibly recommend a vinyl to use. Do you think Oracal 651 will do the trick or is there something better I should try.

Thanks,

Jimmy 

Id look past 651. Its a thicker vinyl that can crack in the heat and doesn't conform as well as cast. 

I'd think that the dispersion and distance of the pressure washer is going to matter a whole lot.

Look more into 751/951. They are thinner at least and more resistant to heat damage.

Maybe make a sample decal for them to run through a few times

• Like 2

Haven't seen the Graphic you are installing but, it sounds like a good candidate for Stencil & Paint.

With proper preparation and the right products, the Heated Pressure Washer will not damage it.

The graphics are just the standard DOT required for commercial vehicles. Single color (Black) cut and stick. nothing fancy. customer just wants it legal to roll. I have 651 but I'm unsure if it will hold up under the heated pressure washer. I'm probably going to order 751. thanks guys 

I use 751 on our truck fleet. We don't wash as often as it sounds like these guys do but as long as you get it prepped good I think you'll be ok. I would caution them not to pressure wash at the edges of the vinyl because it's entirely possible to blow those off if they aren't paying attention. We have Hotsy steam pressure washers that are about as aggressive as they come and I don't think I've ever had to replace anything. My drivers wash their own trucks. 

• Like 1