Sign in to follow this  
showaride

where to buy?

I was wonder  where online I could buy a good high performance tint?

Also what kind of applaction fluid do you use? Same as wet apply for vinyl?

Anyone  have a vid of how to apply tint?

Thanks

I see this is a really old thread but found it in my boredem tonight and thought o post back just in case anyone is looking.

I buy all my film from "Express Window Films" in Danbury connecticut. The owners name is Howard and he is a pleasure to work with. Most of my orders come next day no matter what, for a measly $8 shipping to Pennsylvania.

I have been using "Global QDP" as my main film but have also heard good things about his own brand of film as well.

As for the application solution, I use a 32 ounce poly sprayer and fill to top with water and then add about 8-10 drops of Johnsons and Johnsons baby shampoo to it. I have had great results and find tinting to be MUCH more profitable than vinyl. Theres hardly any overhead cost besides a roll of film and some basic squeegees and a razor blade. Its just your talent with a blade and attention to detail that will set you apart.

I have a graphtec 24" cutter for vinyl but have never used it for film (I cant justify the $2000 upfront and $150/month for tint software). I handcut everything and most of my 2 windows trucks and SUVs I can have start to finish in under an hour with flawless results.

Again, I know its an old thread but just thought Id throw out that little bit of information.

post-7702-0-47625500-1315093268_thumb.jp

post-7702-0-73108500-1315093278_thumb.jp