Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

My Saturday

Well I'm headed to take an enhanced concealed carry course today! Pretty stoked. 4 hours of class time and 4 hours at the range. Best part is I traded them out the cost of the course from part of what they owe me for making shirts and hats for them.  The instructor is the captain of the swat team in a neighboring town and it's supposed to be quite an informative class. 

• Like 4

sounds like a great day to me 
about a month ago I got the paperwork thru for a exempt permit because I had a ccw with the prison for years.  had a problem because back then they didn't have computers and the paper documents are destroyed after so long.

• Like 1

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Saturday.

I have to get with my neighbor to finish my 100 yard range in the back yard.

• Like 1

Good day of training. I was wrong he's actually a Sergeant so a few steps down the ladder but totally awesome. Answered a lot of legalities questions and out on the range gave me some real nice hands on improvements to my firing stance and tactical thinking. I've had a basic CCW for years but Idaho recently adopted the constitutional carry idea making that type basically unnecessary. There are several surrounding states that will not reciprocate the regular CCW but DO the Enhanced so I was excited to get through that for a number of reasons. They went over and above the minimum requirements for the endorsement and I definitely tightened up my groupings by the end of the day. Much less worry about actual shot groups more like comfortable transitions from cover and overall considerations for real world scenarios like someone busted into your house and you're deciding what to do about it. It was good and often surprising to hear from a cop's perspective. Idaho is a great state so a lot of our laws are very weighted toward the protection of life and loved ones. He shared the statutes and also jury instructions that would be given out prior to deliberations. (Yes, if you shoot someone, even justifiably, there will be deliberations). There is even a law on Idaho books that states that it's basically civic duty for able bodies men to assist officers when needed which totally surprised me because it actually makes sense. Must have been written way back before things got so stupid. 

• Like 2

I'm waiting on my renewal. I've had so much going on with the wife the last few months, I let my permit expire ONE day. So, instead of just handing twenty bucks for the renewal, now had to start the whole process over again, for $127.00. First time my permit has expired in 30 years, or however long we've been required to have permits. Used to didn't have to have a CCW, good ole days.

• Like 2